Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fell down the stairs...

(21 Posts)
SourSweets Mon 22-Apr-13 19:30:23

So this morning I fell down the stairs, not all the way, just 5 or so steps, and I landed pretty hard on my back. I had backache obviously where I'd landed, (right in the middle of my spine) but also in my lower back, but I thought everything was fine as I didn't actually hit my belly, and a couple of hours later baby was very active as usual. But tonight I'm getting sharp stabbing pains in my uterus, especially when I stand up. It's not ligament pain or stretching or anything like that, its too far forward and just an inch or so to the left of my belly button. Think it's connected? Should I call triage or am I being silly? Thank you, as always!

Longdistance Mon 22-Apr-13 19:32:39

Go get yourself checked out asap.

thistlelicker Mon 22-Apr-13 19:33:41

You need to be checked! Is baby moving as normal??

Springforward Mon 22-Apr-13 19:38:04

No one would mind you getting checked out, it sounds like you've had quite a fall and it's understandable to worry that the pain now is related. Hopefully it'll be nothing, but if nothing else you'll sleep better after a quick check over.

milktraylady Mon 22-Apr-13 19:38:30

Do call your maternity unit to go & get checked out.

SourSweets Mon 22-Apr-13 19:41:47

Ok, thank you. I've called and they've told me to go in so I'm going now. Will let you know. Thanks again

Bunnychan Mon 22-Apr-13 20:02:51

Hope you're ok x

thistlelicker Mon 22-Apr-13 21:16:25

Bump !! How r u op?

TigerSwallowTail Mon 22-Apr-13 21:20:08

Good luck x

HeffalumpTheFlump Mon 22-Apr-13 21:21:57

Good luck hope you are ok!

mildred37 Mon 22-Apr-13 21:23:47

Glad you're going to get checked. Hope all is ok x

beginnings Mon 22-Apr-13 21:28:41

Ouch! Horrible thing to happen. Good luck OP.

RJM17 Mon 22-Apr-13 21:29:32

Hope everything went ok x

morethanpotatoprints Mon 22-Apr-13 21:31:52

Hope you are ok OP, glad you are getting checked, best wishes. x

SourSweets Mon 22-Apr-13 23:41:44

Good news!! Everything is fine. They checked to make sure the pains weren't early labour, they checked that there had been no bleeding from placenta or baby and then they looked on a scan too. Thank goodness, he is fine. They think I have pulled a whole host of muscles in my back and abdomen. Thank you all for your well wishing and concern, I was reading the messages while waiting to get the results. So glad I went, they checked for so much, I didn't realise there could be that many things to check for.. But baby is doing fine. Phew! A large gin would go down well about now.. If only!

Clearlymisunderstood Mon 22-Apr-13 23:42:36

Phew!grin

cuckooplusone Tue 23-Apr-13 07:11:02

That's good news - if it makes you feel better I fell down a flight of concrete steps when 8m with dd (tumbled forwards and must have rolled in a ball as bruises over shoulders, back and shins). Felt like a fool as was at work and wearing heels, got checked out and all was fine.

beginnings Tue 23-Apr-13 07:14:02

Oh good news indeed! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes a bit more smoothly!

RJM17 Tue 23-Apr-13 09:28:32

That's fantastic news so glad everything ok x

SourSweets Tue 23-Apr-13 10:09:53

Blimey Cuckoo, that sounds nasty! I did feel a bit silly going in but the midwives and doctors were all very thorough (I even got a bit of a bollocking for not going sooner). I am definitely feeling those pulled muscles this morning! Thanks again for all your concern! x

MissLurkalot Tue 23-Apr-13 17:44:10

Good, so glad you're ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now