Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore bottom - sorry TMI

(6 Posts)
Jenjen85 Mon 22-Apr-13 18:37:35

So Iv been having a bit of trouble in the toilet department but just recently it's been a lot better until today!!! I went to the loo (for a poo sorry tmi) and it felt like it got stuck and I struggled pushing it out (sorry) but once I'd finished and was wiping I noticed fresh blood on the tissue. This has happened before but not as much as today and has usually gone after a couple of wipes but today it didn't and there was more blood than usual. I have since been to the toilet another few times for a wee and had a wipe to check and there has still been a bit of blood there, I tried to have a look to see if I had a dreaded pile but I'm not quite sure what I was meant to be looking for confused altho I think I did notice a small tear near (I think) the top of my anus and I could see that it was still bleeding, it doesn't hurt but I'm a bit worried about it bleeding. Is there anything I can put on it eg sudocream? Has anyone else had this lovely blush symptom of pregnancy and does it heal on its own?

RJM17 Mon 22-Apr-13 18:45:55

I think sudocrem is safe to use during pregnancy. But if your not sure contact the nhs direct they will be able to tell u over the phone.
Hope ur better soon x

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Mon 22-Apr-13 19:37:35

If the blood was bright red it's almost certainly piles. You need some anusol cream for outside and suppositories for inside (both over the counter but you will need repeats so best on prescription). Also need to increase fibre in your diet (bowl of sultana bran does it for me!) or get some fybogel.

It gets worse as pg advances I'm afraid so tackle it now!

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 22-Apr-13 19:40:21

I had this they gave me ducolax which worked and came in handy the weeks after giving birth too!

poocatcherchampion Mon 22-Apr-13 19:42:30

same problem here - anusol is doing the trick. I think I need to drink more water too as my poos are hard to get out too - nasty little nuggets!grin

Jenjen85 Mon 22-Apr-13 20:14:50

Thanks ladies, glad it's not just me!!! I have got some lactulose that I had in the first trimester as suffered terribly. Might take a bit of that and get some cream an see how I go on. I'm 29+2 so hoping they don't get worse but I imagine they will sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now