Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Third trimester, give me your worst

(13 Posts)
photographerlady Mon 22-Apr-13 18:37:23

Hi ladies, I just entered my third trimester and what delights do I have in store for me? More swollen ankles? No sleep?

PoppyAmex Mon 22-Apr-13 18:45:55

One word: HEARTBURN.

I had never had it before (and thankfully never had it again since giving birth) but by god it was grim.

I was guzzling Gaviscon, which is revolting, and by the end everything gave me heartburn including bending over or even drinking water.

It was by far my worst pregnancy complaint and I'm hoping I don't get it this time around.

Bunnychan Mon 22-Apr-13 19:06:53

My worst grumble is that I get upper back and rib pain every night because my uterus is pushing so high up and sometimes the baby's bum pushes up as well.

TerracottaPie Mon 22-Apr-13 19:06:54

My contribution...piles grin

photographerlady Mon 22-Apr-13 19:18:58

You poor souls. I haven't had heartburn or piles yet. So much to look forward to

gardenpixie32 Mon 22-Apr-13 19:21:31

Bump getting so big that turning over in bed becomes painful and virtually impossible. In fact, pretty much everything becomes impossible.

GlitterySkulls Tue 23-Apr-13 01:09:12

the sheer effort of moving... that might have been more to do with the spd, though.

AlohaMama Tue 23-Apr-13 01:29:07

Heartburn, varicose veins, pains under bump (feels like muscle pulls), sciatica, piles, ummmm think that's it. Oh yes and sheer panic- enjoy smile

McPrice Tue 23-Apr-13 02:06:37

i had the pregnancy from hell so take this with a pinch of salt. in 3rd i discoverd i had gestational diabetes insulin injection based. so no sweet treats for me sad it was over xmas!
my spd got worse but least i didnt have to have crutches.
people would tell me i was having twins which i wasnt. upsetme though.
you get to meet your little person at the end though. all very worth it grin
goodlucksmile

butterflyexperience Tue 23-Apr-13 06:24:50

I'm 27 weeks + with twins
3rd preg

I am exhausted
Can not walk for more than 10 mins
Can not sit for long
Can not stand for long
Pelvic pain
Recently very emotional
Constipation has kicked in
Reflux
Need to wee all the time
Getting a fat face
Maternity clothes are tight
Lower back pain
Tummy pain
Can not concentrate on much
Feel trapped
Night sweats
Wake a million times at night
Can't do much with my dc
Can't work
Am anxious about pregnancy

Do I paint a pretty picture?

Badgerwife Tue 23-Apr-13 07:58:32

Third trimester with second pregnancy = incontinence; grim grim grim. And the heartburn is pretty awful too

megarobotdiscoparty Tue 23-Apr-13 08:51:34

36+2 and I don't think there's anything inside me that isn't baby- I feel like a Russian doll. Can't imagine how another month of growth will feel.

Have also dropped at least 50 IQ points in the last three weeks. Didn't have that many to start with either....

Fairy130389 Tue 23-Apr-13 11:36:54

Sneezing and weeing... (- and I thought I was doing my pelvic floor well!)

Can't turn over in bed without yelping.

The worst heartburn ever experienced.
oh. and unfortunately I'm in the piles club too.
It's all glitz and glamour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now