Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

increased albumin levels?

(8 Posts)
Isitme1 Mon 22-Apr-13 17:41:56

Just seen consultant and found out I've gor increased albumin levels (double normal)
Ive a vague idea but want to ask if anyone is in the same boat x
Ps 27weeks dc2 on Saturday x

AlmondFrangipani Tue 23-Apr-13 22:24:14

Hi

I had the same thing at around 20 weeks. I'm under consultant care for chronic kidney disease and nearly had a heart attack when I thought my liver was packing up too! They told me that its very common in pregnancy for Albumin to go up (mine was 150) and unless all your other liver tests are very high then it's nothing to worry about. Incidentally they re ran my bloods and mine had come back down so they said I may have had a virus. Either way they said if your liver results are poor it won't affect the baby (unlike kidneys hmm). Hope that helps x

Isitme1 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:53:55

I have kidney problems too. Recurrent utis, cortical thinning of right kidney and something on the left. Kidney reflux as a child too.
I didn't know kidney problems could affect the baby?
X

AlmondFrangipani Wed 24-Apr-13 22:00:42

Hi

I'm under consultant care and being very closely monitored. I have chronic kidney disease and had reflux as a child. I've been told that I'm at risk of high blood pressure and Pre-eclampsia (on aspirin, labetolol and nitrofurantion to manage it). They have said that im having the baby early (32-34 weeks) as they don't like you to go to term. Risk of smaller baby too but I think the main issue is my health. I guess it also depends on the type of kidney issues you have but as long as your under consultant care then they will know what's best for you. Sorry if I worried you!

Isitme1 Wed 24-Apr-13 22:44:35

Im on nitro but they haven't put me on anything else but I do think they've been very lapsy daisy with my care. Had horrible 1st experience too. I get birth plan sorted in 2 weeks. X

Isitme1 Thu 25-Apr-13 08:38:50

Had to finish post quick. ..
Kidney function tests are ok but ita the recurrent infections plus like you said high risk of pre ecl.
I was sure I had the symptoms-really blurry vision followed by banging headache but no one was bothered.
The consultant that I see hasn't been regular as shes been ill so its like ive been passed from pillar to post.

With the smaller baby risk too im a lot smaller with this 1 than I was with ds1.
Im 7months on Saturday and my regular coat has only just stopped fitting me. While im up and about I like smaller than before but laid down you can hardly tell!
I get bump measured on Tuesday and jm sure she will pick it up and then someone somewhere will so something.

How have you been coping?
X

AlmondFrangipani Thu 25-Apr-13 21:47:59

Can you try and see someone else? I've got a renal consultant (who ive seen for years) and an obstetrician. They have a special kidney clinic at the ante natal clinic at the hospital where I'm having the baby. Might be worth asking?

How was your first pregnancy? This is my first so just trying to go with the flow (easier said than done). I'm doing ok but getting nervous about having a prem baby...my bump is measuring big but got a growth scan in 2 weeks so that will be the real indicator.

Isitme1 Fri 26-Apr-13 07:30:01

Pregnancy with ds was text book.
This1 however not so much.
Ive had reduced movement past 24 hours. I've had 3-5 movements, not kicks just movement. Going to ring mw to see what she says.
Im going to ask for 2nd opinion next time.This hhospital also do kidney clinic for pregnant women. Will see what they say.
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now