Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone here made a link between their low lying placenta and uncomfortable heavy feeling? 27 weeks with 3rd dc and never felt so heavy :(

(4 Posts)
WaynettaSlobsLover Mon 22-Apr-13 11:15:52

Got diagnosed at 19 weeks with a low lying placenta, got a scan at 34 weeks to check if its moved.

Feeling extremely heavy in my stomach, not really pressure at all just a very heavy swollen feeling. Anyone else had this and does it perhaps mean tha the placenta is still low, hence the weighty feeling?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 22-Apr-13 11:23:47

I get this feeling like my uterus is falling out! I don't have a low placenta though mine is anterior but near the top. It actually hurts by the end of the day it feels so low.

MightBeMad Mon 22-Apr-13 12:08:51

I have this feeling (even more so last time around) and for me I think it's the strain on my pelvic floor blush A few days of many, many pelvic floor exercises (think 100+ a day) and I really notice the difference. I'm trying to do at least 100 a day every day now and so far it is making it much better.

tequilacream Mon 22-Apr-13 16:47:17

Same situation here, but going for next scan at 28 weeks due to baby's bigger than expected stomach.
Mine's a low lying anterior placenta and it sometimes feels like my uterus wants to fall out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now