Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panicking because I cleaned the ceiling...

(9 Posts)
purrpurr Mon 22-Apr-13 10:55:55

All of my mental faculties are currently tied up with going OH MY GOD I CLEANED THE CEILING WHAT HAVE I DONE so sorry for general stupid pointless panic post and spelling, grammar etc.

So this morning I woke up, 38+1, and decided to clean EVERYTHING, as you do... After a few hours of cleaning everything I decided to stand in the bath and clean the bathroom ceiling where small mould spores were growing. Even better thinks I, I can use a baby wipe, so I don't end up having to use a wet cloth and thereby risk dropping mouldy water down onto my face/in my mouth urrrgh. Baby wipe worked a treat, bathroom ceiling is now whiter than my teeth, happy days. Had to stretch quite a bit to reach, but got the job done. Instantly felt much happier - hadn't liked the idea of bringing our dd-to-be into a house with any kind of mould going on.

Then I suddenly thought, shit, what if that advice about not raising your arms above your head in pregnancy is actually true? What if I've just strangled my baby with the umbilical cord? Oh my GOD. Gibber gibber panic google can't get a conclusive answer oh my god oh my god oh my god.

Please someone, anyone, talk me down, it's just an old wives tale isn't it? By stretching my arms above my head I haven't risked the baby's life right? It's hogwash? <Gibbers incoherently>

5madthings Mon 22-Apr-13 10:57:43

Its an old wives tale!

Lol at you nesting like a mad thing!

And the wipes were probably good to use rather than a chemical spray etc.

Now go and have a rest!

upholsterer Mon 22-Apr-13 10:59:32

Never heard of not putting your arms above your head. I'm sure if this was a risk (even a very minor one) they'd tell you in all the baby books. I spent ages clearing out high cupboards when pregnant with DC1 and came to no ill. Relax!

purrpurr Mon 22-Apr-13 11:01:31

Ahhh 5madthings thaaaank you thank you so much! I just breathed out such a big sigh of relief I nearly lost my laptop. Thank you! I shall have a quick rest and then hoover the stairs - at least that's one I've figured out how to do sitting down!

purrpurr Mon 22-Apr-13 11:03:00

Thanks upholsterer, the tiny corner of my brain that deals with logic and reason was desperately trying to say something along those lines - if it was a risk, they'd make a big deal about it - but it was being drowned out by the gibbering panic.

MummyJetsetter Mon 22-Apr-13 11:11:34

Ha ha that's cracked me up! x

5madthings Mon 22-Apr-13 11:12:17

Its the kind of thing my grandma would say but it is an old wives tale.

one lady told me off when I was preg with ds1 as I had on a top that didn't cover all my bump, it was a hot day and I was enjoying the sun, she told me I should keep my bump covered at all times or the amniotic fluid would heat up and the baby would boil! Lol whole new meaning to boil in the bag grin

BabyHMummy Mon 22-Apr-13 11:33:34

Lol at the nesting. We have a council flat that has horrendous mildew growing in the entrance way due to condensation building up. .hoping now the weather is warming up we cam clean it and it will stay away...thanks for the baby wipes tip.

Never heard of the arms thing but would.think u r safe! But lol at the boil in he bag thing that has proper made me chuckle!!

purrpurr Mon 22-Apr-13 12:13:15

5madthings That's completely bonkers, the baby would boil indeed! I hope you managed to laugh it off, I would have proper lost my temper. I do get cross when folk try to make pregnant women scared, grrr.

BabyHMummy Np :D got it off here I think, someone mentioned using a baby wipe to wipe around sinks, tiles etc as a way of keeping on top of the bathroom daily, really works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now