Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do you and your partner cope with: Going to the loo 24/7

(8 Posts)
syl1985 Mon 22-Apr-13 01:48:13

Mine partner is so happy with us being pregnant.
But one thing he can't stand is me going to the loo as often as I need to.

At home it's ok it doesn't bother him.
But when we go out or do our shopping. All I need to say is:

Darling... on my special tone.

He's like:

oohhhhh, not again.....
Ok, let's find a toilet.

Last time in the, I think it was Tesco.
One of the kids had to go to the loo. My husband:
Ask mum if she needs to go. (he didn't wanted to go with our son)
But at that moment I didn't need to go.

He:
Just ask a couple of more times. I'm sure if you do that she'll need to go very soon.

Here in England most loo's are free or they ask very little for it.
In Holland were we come from.

It was an expensive thing going to the loo all the time when we're shopping. Supermarkets usually don't have loo's over there.
Here almost every supermarket has got one. It's sooo much better!!!!

The public toilets are over here, usually (in this area) for free or just a couple of pennies.
In Holland you won't find a free public toilet. Even in some restaurants and cafe's you'll need to pay something extra if you need to use the loo.

Cheapest is around 20 euro cent, but usually it's 50 euro cent.
We love to walk in a city and do some shopping. In my case I usually spend around 1 or 2 euro for using the loo when we went out.

That's like spending around 1-1.50 pound just for me to go to the loo. I asked for a discount, but never someone of these toilet ladies gave it to me.

I'm sooo happy that I've found my place here in England.
Here the grass is absolutely greener then it was in Holland.
And the toilets are usually for free.

I love it here!!!

Sylvia

rrreow Mon 22-Apr-13 15:05:20

Haha I'm always going on about how awesome it is that the toilets are free here (I'm from Holland)!! Makes going out with a baby easier too as most places have nappy change facilities.

Sorry your DH isn't sympathetic to you having to go so often though.

BabyHMummy Mon 22-Apr-13 15:20:24

My partner make a huge joke out of my endless need to pee. He thinks its hilarious and has threatened to make me a sign so i don't have to keep saying i need to go.

It does drive me nuts though...i suffer with bad dehydration so limiting my fluids is a no go but i have cut out so much tea and when i do drink it i have switched to decaff which so far has lessened the need a little.

Good luck ladies cos i keep being told that the bigger the baby gets the worse it will get

FoofFighter Mon 22-Apr-13 16:39:48

It'll ease off soon as the bump pops up above your pelvis, then it'll start all over again in the last weeks.

I have to say I'd not be v happy with your partner's attitude, but at least you can pee for free now ;)

chocolatesolveseverything Mon 22-Apr-13 17:45:48

I empathise. My DH is wonderful and supportive, but I did test his patience with my never-ending need for toilet stops whilst we explored Venice on holiday last month. He did become more encouraging though after we were in a major museum and I gasped from getting a big kick in the bladder. I explain

chocolatesolveseverything Mon 22-Apr-13 17:48:52

I empathise. My DH is wonderful and supportive, but I did test his patience with my never-ending need for toilet stops whilst we explored Venice on holiday last month. He did become more encouraging though after we were in a major museum and I gasped from getting a big kick in the bladder. I explained that if I hadn't run to the bathroom five minutes before, we'd have had to explain to the nice museum staff why there was a big puddle of wee on the floor! blush

chocolatesolveseverything Mon 22-Apr-13 17:49:40

Sorry for accidental early posting!

knittingirl Tue 23-Apr-13 10:06:49

Tbh if that was my partner I'd be telling him to get over it... You're pregnant, and there's lots of things that come with being pregnant, including needing to pee every five seconds - it's just something he's got to deal with. When you've got to go you've got to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now