Talk

Advanced search

Wiped out

(16 Posts)
Daffodill27 Sun 21-Apr-13 18:28:21

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first dc and I feel absolutely wiped out I just want to sleep all the time! Is this normal? I feel like I'm just existing at the min I can't even be bothered to put my makeup on! Please tell me this tiredness doesn't last long?

BabyHMummy Sun 21-Apr-13 18:33:05

Yes i am afraid so. I think i slept for most of the day from 6-12 weeks when i wasn't throwing up that is.

Relax and enjoy...you will miss oi once bubs arrives!!

Daffodill27 Sun 21-Apr-13 18:35:38

Thank you for your reply smile

Bumbolina Sun 21-Apr-13 18:40:51

I'm 9 weeks pregnant - I'm currently in bed after a little sleep and will probably go to bed early. I also have a toddler (and luckily an amazing hubby who us helping me loads) and am trying to complete my degree - could really do with being awake right now.
The tiredness is like no tiredness ever, I've been known to fall asleep at my desk at work (apart from with dd) - but it does pass... just takes a lot of energy growing a baby!!

Lydia161290 Sun 21-Apr-13 18:44:38

Yeah, that was me all the first trimester, only I was sick too and nauseous all the time. You couldn't get me outta bed for nothing, I felt so rotten.

But it does get better and once you travel into your second trimester you should be getting some energy back. Just hang in there!

Bumbolina Sun 21-Apr-13 18:49:05

Yep - nausea here too

Daffodill27 Sun 21-Apr-13 18:52:21

Honestly I don't know how I am getting through work either I also could quiet easily fall asleep at my desk... I'm just thankful I can sit down all day! I'm also thankful I'm not actually being sick and just feel it on and off all day... I cannot wait for the first trimester to be over... Another 4 weeks! smile

SourSweets Sun 21-Apr-13 18:58:23

Aww, it's totally normal! I was going to bed at half 8 every night in my first trimester. Still pretty exhausted at the end of my second, but not as bad! Congratulations of your pregnancy!

JennaRainbow Sun 21-Apr-13 20:07:36

I'm 10/11 weeks and totally and utterly shattered! Thank god only working part time at the moment as I sleep until about 11am every day. As well as being exhausted through the day I have the added bonus of not sleeping at night and going for a wee every hour hmm

Daffodill27 Sun 21-Apr-13 20:21:33

Jennarainbow - yes it doesn't help needing a wee in the middle of the night I can never fully get back to sleep I just dose then I'm up at half 6 for work and don't get home till 6 at night.. Fall asleep at half 8! Think I'm just existing at the moment! I'm even putting off seeing friends and family as I just can't be bothered! Ha!

JennaRainbow Sun 21-Apr-13 20:32:23

I keep cancelling nights out and trying to not talk to friends so I don't have to make excuses - like you I just can't be bothered! We're not telling anyone (apart from my mum and best friend) until 12 weeks so I'm running out of excuses!

Purplemonster Sun 21-Apr-13 20:35:21

Definitely normal, it does seem to get a bit better after week 12 ish though so you've just got to muddle through as best you can until then.

Daffodill27 Sun 21-Apr-13 20:53:37

Roll on week 12! smile

Mamabear12 Sun 21-Apr-13 21:05:16

I'm pregnant with second and so tired this time around. W my first, I was fine. No symptoms. This time I'm so tired and feel ill every day. I guess it doesn't helps that when I fell pregnant, I just returned back to work full time five days a week, was breastfeeding my first baby and taking care of my first baby in morning and evening! She wakes at 5:30am or 6am! Today at 5am! Will sleep soon bc I'm tired! When I stopped breastfeeding, that helped a little w energy.

Daffodill27 Sun 21-Apr-13 21:29:18

Wow no wonder your tired mamabear least I only have myself and dp to look after saying that he looks after me at the moment! smile

GeorgianMumto5 Sun 21-Apr-13 21:33:21

Yes, but ask you mW if she thinks a test to check your iron levels is in order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now