Talk

Advanced search

pain from trapped wind?

(6 Posts)
honey86 Fri 19-Apr-13 21:17:57

does anyone suffer with this? occasionally it gets me offguard, and the pains are so bad it has be doubled over and panting through it. i struggle to talk through it blush its like going through one hellova 2nd-stage-of-labour contraction, only im just 12 weeks, and theres no bleeding. after ive passed the wind im alot better.

any suggestions of how to eliminate this? or at least make it not as bad? xx

Ezza1 Fri 19-Apr-13 22:22:28

I've had terrible trapped wind pains (and constipation!) all through this pregnancy - currently 18 weeks (DC4)

Ive got heartburn too so taking Rennie for that constantly This eases wind too for me. Pretty sure you can take Windeze in pregnancy, but do check the box.

Alexandra6 Sat 20-Apr-13 08:01:38

Yes honey I got these one night in particular (really hope it was this as the pain was agony). I googled and there were tips about certain positions to get into, or to go for a walk to get things moving, plus peppermint tea after a meal. I think I got that really bad night after eating a big meal which I forced down so now I just have smaller portions. Oh and also, mine went on for hours so I used a hot water bottle which I read helps, just don't let your tummy overheat too much, I only had it warm not hot.

Awful though isn't it! I'm only 8 weeks, have my first scan in a couple of hours, eek!

MissLurkalot Sat 20-Apr-13 08:05:33

How much wheat do you eat? I am wheat intolerant and if I eat certain trigger foods, omg, I'm in agony.
Try and work out what you're having.. I have the most amazing Chelsea bun from Whole Foods a few weeks ago and omg, agony.
I had fresh tiger bread on Wednesday lunchtime, I was quite uncomfortable in the evening.
See how that works. x

Littlemissexpecting Sat 20-Apr-13 08:21:45

Peppermint tea helps me when it's bad.

2Labradors Sat 20-Apr-13 09:40:44

Oh I feel your pain.

I'm 8 weeks and have found that eating little and often, and walking at least 30 mins each day helps a lot. As well as loads of fluids all day long.

I agree with misslurk although I don't know if I'm wheat intolerant but I have tried to keep bread down to a minimum as I especially find white bread makes things worse. Lettuce can also kick everything off for me.

When the wind's really bad I find a warm bath helps, seems to relax everything and let the wind pass. If I can feel it building, but it's not too bad, I try and go for a walk, seems to get everything shifting through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now