Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10 - 14 weeks pg, have lost my symptoms, and also, is is normal to feel movements?

(4 Posts)
MoodyDidIt Fri 19-Apr-13 08:02:25

i say 10 - 14 weeks as i am honestly not sure until i have my scan (long story)

anyway, for the last week or so i am SURE i have been feeling movements. they are really low down and fluttery. i have had 2 other dcs so i know what they feel like, and am pretty sure thats what it is

but if i am only 10 weeks, is it even possible to feel movements yet? confused

and also, in the last few weeks, i had really painful, sore boobs and quite a bit of sickness, but in the last few days that has pretty much gone, still got a bit of nausea, but sore boobs completely gone, which is a good thing but worried its a BAD thing iyswim confused

still not had a date for my bloody scan sad so any advice appreciated!

JohnSnowsTie Fri 19-Apr-13 15:41:51

My symptoms always tail off circa 8 weeks. Every time I remind myself it was the same last time so don't worry, but every time I worry!

Some say the more pregnancies you have, the earlier you can feel movement.

I have a fetal heart monitor thing (Angel Sounds, or something) to tide me over until scan time. You can use them from about 10 weeks I think. Not everyone loves them as if you can't locate heartbeat (which does NOT always mean bad news) it causes worry, but I use mine once a week until I start feeling regular movement later on.

ushuaia Fri 19-Apr-13 16:03:11

I'm 9 weeks and my sickness and breast tenderness has almost gone in the last 2 days. I was really worried because I had some bleeding as well but had a scan today and all ok. Think it is normal for symptoms to ease off towards end of first trimester and to come and go throughout!

cetc Sun 21-Apr-13 09:34:57

I'm a first timer and I was convinced I could feel movement at 12-13 weeks - now I know what the movements feel like, that was definitely what I was feeling then - so if I could at that stage first time, I'm sure it's normal at 10 weeks also - I wouldn't worry, sounds like good news! The movement didn't become regular until 21 weeks though, I started to worry as some days I'd hardly feel any and others I'd feel lots, but now it's much more regular, still changes day to day though!! I think I've always been quite sensitive about any odd feelings in my body so this may be why I noticed it so early. I didn't have too many bad symptoms initially, but they also tailed off earlier than they say and my bump was quite prominent a long time before the 'books etc' started to say I would be, but now is quite compact...everyone is so different, the guidelines are just based on averages. But I agree, difficult not to worry about everything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now