Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 weeks, want to start buying stuff for no3...

(11 Posts)
Frecklesandspecs Fri 19-Apr-13 07:47:24

I'm due my third in October and I have an urge to buy something for the baby sad
Please tell me to stop being silly and get a grip. I have 6 months left to go!
I know I won't getting much this time. Only the essentials. But I also want to spread the cost (excuse)

I will need a new cot, pushchair, newborn clothes,bouncer and a steamer. Can't think what else apart bottles.

So, is it too early to start getting stuff. I feel a bit silly doing it this early with number 3. I'm supposed to be all cool and collected, leaving until the last month of pregnancy no?

FattyMcChubster Fri 19-Apr-13 07:51:13

What about having a good browse online and writing a few lists? Would that be good enough for now?

Hai1988 Fri 19-Apr-13 08:02:16

Oh dong worry about it, if you want to start getting things now just go ahead,enjoy smile

Frecklesandspecs Fri 19-Apr-13 08:34:31

I've done that already fatty!! [embarrassed]
Hai, I like it

Dolallytats Fri 19-Apr-13 08:34:42

I started buying things as soon as I'd had my 12 week scan. I'm also expecting number 3. I also needed to spread the cost (didn't have anything from DCs 1&2 because she is nearly 20 and he is 5-no 3 is a huge surprise/miracle!!)

I did think about the 'tempting fate/what if something goes wrong' side of things, but figured if something horrible happened, the last thing I would be thinking would be 'I wasted all that money' and having baby things in the house wouldn't stop it hurting.

As it is 26+5 weeks down the line all is ok. You could always ask family/friends to store them for you if you don't want them in the house.

Locketjuice Fri 19-Apr-13 08:41:40

I'm 23 weeks and haven't brought anything bar one little dress, resist the urge! smile

DaveMccave Fri 19-Apr-13 11:06:35

I'm 23 weeks and have bought pretty much everything after swearing I wouldn't! Go for it :p

Annoyed101 Fri 19-Apr-13 11:08:32

Go for it and enjoy. I love baby shopping

Frecklesandspecs Fri 19-Apr-13 18:52:54

++will go to towon tomorrow and buy something tiny! [embarrassed]

FoofFighter Fri 19-Apr-13 18:56:04

Apart from the cot and some more real nappies, I'm done. Started about 14weeks and now 23+3 weeks. Needed to spread the cost and then got given loads of stuff too so actually not bought much at all. Got the buggy when it was on offer as too good to miss.

Like PP if anything had happened the last thing I would be thinking about is the stuff I had.

Hai1988 Mon 22-Apr-13 14:43:18

IM 28*3 and got everything nearly started at 12 weeks and with a mixture of already having it and spreading the cost i am pritty much done, apart from some Moses basket sheets, and steriliser and bottles and formula and changing bag and mat smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now