Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Medical Review + poss pre-eclampsia

(3 Posts)
pugoff Thu 18-Apr-13 21:09:03

So, a bit of a surprise today in that I suddenly have high bp at 37 weeks, some protein in wee and swelling of feet etc, so off to hospital for monitoring I go. All looks fine, sent home but following blood tests I've been asked to go back in tomorrow for a medical review.

Has anyone any experience of this and whether we're just likely to chat thro options I.e. we may not let you go overdue etc or whether at the more extreme end they could recommend birth within 24 hrs etc?
Apparently its because my pcr and uriates (?) levels are high, but I don't understand what any of this means and whether I should start arranging things imminently, or just know there may be more medical intervention than I planned. Yikes...

GiveMeVegemite Fri 19-Apr-13 10:04:32

I was being monitored for high blood pressure from about 34 weeks, after a few visits to the hospital and them getting back a slightly abnormal blood test at 39+4 they decided to induce me, which was completely unexpected and was 7pm on a Friday evening! This resulted in an emergency c section and I had the baby 10.44 the following saturday morning (after no sleep since Thursday!).

I think they will try and let you progress as long as possible, but once they suspect preeclampsia or high blood pressure and you get near 38,39 weeks they will be pretty keen to induce you so make sure you have your hospital bag packed! I would get it ready now just incase cos they might want to hospitalise you and monitor you for a while. My friend had preeclampsia and was in hospital from 33 weeks until she had her baby at 38 weeks!

I would not be surprised if they get you to stay in hospital so be prepared.

pugoff Fri 19-Apr-13 16:09:42

Hi, yes looks like I'm set to stay in and if things don't improve then I'll be induced. Yikes!! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now