Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is it a good idea when you go for your 12 week scan, to have a cold sweet drink?

(8 Posts)
whiteandyellowiris Thu 18-Apr-13 20:48:56

to make the baby move around a bit more?

LillyofWinchester Thu 18-Apr-13 20:52:28

I think this might be true at the 20 week scan but for the 12 week one I think most babies are jumping and flipping all over the place, so you won't need the drink. I think its something to do with the electrical impulses as there movements are involuntary at that stage. I didn't drink anything (even water) and he was wriggling away.

I'm prepared to be corrected though if anyone knows anything a bit more scientific!

Good luck and congrats

LillyofWinchester Thu 18-Apr-13 20:52:56

*their

harleyd Thu 18-Apr-13 20:57:04

ive never heard of anyone doing this
i wouldnt recommend it for the 20 week scan, mine took ages because the baby wouldnt stay still to get measured. i hadnt drank anything

rubyflipper Thu 18-Apr-13 21:05:28

Wait and see what the sonography says first. I was advised to have a can of coke ad go for a walk when I was pregnant with DS as he refused to perform for the scan!

whiteandyellowiris Thu 18-Apr-13 21:06:40

ruby was that for the 12 week scan or 20 week one?

rubyflipper Thu 18-Apr-13 22:33:32

Oh ... Now you're asking grin

I think it was the 20 week scan, but it was nearly 6 years ago.

Lj8893 Thu 18-Apr-13 22:37:31

I wasent told anything except to have a fullish bladder, but baby was wriggling around so much that the sonographer asked me to go to the toilet halfway through. It didn't work though!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now