Talk

Advanced search

Lewisham antinatal and maternity

(7 Posts)
Frecklesandspecs Thu 18-Apr-13 19:05:07

Has anyone any exeriences?
Firstly, I have lost my scan (12 week scan) letter and not sure where I go for the scan. Does the department have their own scanning room or is it in another department?
I will call if no one replies!
Secondly, Has anyone had a baby there and how did you find it?

I will probably have to be on a consultant led ward.

Third baby is due in october.

RenterNomad Thu 18-Apr-13 19:25:32

Will it still be open? There's a question mark over the future of Lewisham's A&E and maternity services.

CrackleMauve Thu 18-Apr-13 19:53:14

It will still be open, it's going to take about 3 years for the closure to go through and plans might still change.

For the scan you go to the Women's Health Centre, on the ground floor in I think pink zone. I've given birth on the labour ward and birth centre, both good births. The post natal ward isn't fun but they never are. Midwives I met were nice, I was very happy with my care.

Frecklesandspecs Thu 18-Apr-13 21:24:01

Ah, thanks crackle. I just read about the 3 year thing to close it down so I should be fine!!

BrightAngel Thu 18-Apr-13 22:48:48

The Women's Health clinic is in the Green Zone (I've just been there this evening for the antenatal class they run). Scan letter says to bring the letter with you but I think it is more critical that you have your pregnancy notes. There is a reception desk and you hand them over as soon as you arrive. I'm not due until June so no experience of the hospital from a birth point of view but have been pretty happy with all of the antenatal contact I've had there so far.

Frecklesandspecs Fri 19-Apr-13 07:22:40

Thanks bright. I'll call them and see if that's a problem. Sure it will be ok. Good luck for June!
Did they let you know the sex at the second scan?

BrightAngel Fri 19-Apr-13 10:23:53

We decided not to find out the gender, but they would have told us at the 20 week scan had we wanted to know. By the way, you need to have money for scan pictures. I think they do 2 for £5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now