Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tell me I am fretting unnecessarily!

(12 Posts)
Artesia Thu 18-Apr-13 18:09:55

Am finally pregnant after 18 months of trying and eventually having a round of IUI. Am over the moon about it, but can't stop fretting!

Had an early scan at the fertility clinic today. Am 5w+4. They found a good sized gestational sac, but no yolk sac. Have read LOTS about early scans on various websites, and at this stage it seems to range from people seeing a heartbeat to seeing almost nothing, but am now worrying about not seeing yolk sac. Am back in a week for another scan. I need to just get a grip and stop worrying for the next 7 days, don't I???

Anyone else had a scan at this stage?

SeriousStuff Thu 18-Apr-13 18:24:12

Completely understandable that you're worried but when I had a scan at 5+2, they could barely make out the yolk sac. It was minuscule and I definitely couldn't make it out.

At that early stage, growth spurts will happen to different women at different stages, so maybe if you had it done tomorrow, there would be a significant change.

Artesia Thu 18-Apr-13 18:27:19

Thanks Serious. Feel ridiculous worrying about everything, and I swear DP wonders who has kidnapped laid back pre- pregnancy Artesia and replaced her with a gibbering nervous wreck!

whiterose2011 Thu 18-Apr-13 18:27:55

Easier said than done but all you can really do is wait. Not helpful at all i know, but I know exactly what that waiting is like. Congrats for getting your BFP and I'll keep everything crossed for a positive outcome for you. Xx

SeriousStuff Thu 18-Apr-13 18:39:12

Tell me about it - my DH doesn't know what he'll come home to each night. I'm either moaning, worrying, crying or laughing hysterically at something! Good luck with your pg and let us know how you get on.

Artesia Thu 18-Apr-13 18:46:25

Glad it's not just me! Was about to say that I wish I could just jump forward to 12 weeks, but am sure I would find something to fret about then too!!!

chillynose Thu 18-Apr-13 20:27:25

It is so hard not to worry

HadALittleFaithBaby Fri 19-Apr-13 07:13:00

My goodness, it would be odd if you weren't worried in your position! I accepted that up until 12 weeks I would be anxious about my long awaited pregnancy but kept telling myself there was no reason to think it would be anything but a healthy pregnancy/baby. I found it easier as things progressed, especially when the 20 week scan showed healthy organs. Try to stay positive and tell yourself there's no reason to think it won't be ok but don't beat yourself up for worrying thanks

HadALittleFaithBaby Fri 19-Apr-13 07:13:20

My goodness, it would be odd if you weren't worried in your position! I accepted that up until 12 weeks I would be anxious about my long awaited pregnancy but kept telling myself there was no reason to think it would be anything but a healthy pregnancy/baby. I found it easier as things progressed, especially when the 20 week scan showed healthy organs. Try to stay positive and tell yourself there's no reason to think it won't be ok but don't beat yourself up for worrying thanks

Artesia Thu 25-Apr-13 13:19:03

Just back for a quick update, and to thank you all for your lovely messages.

Had second scan today, at 6+4, and there was a little heart, beating away! Am absolutely over the moon, and BP sobbed!

Thank you all (esp Hadalittlefaith- never had MN flowers before!!)

HadALittleFaithBaby Thu 25-Apr-13 13:22:39

Congratulations grin you're pregnant! Have some more thanks

SeriousStuff Thu 25-Apr-13 13:40:53

How wonderful! Congratulations. It's incredible how much they develop in such a short space of time isn't it? My 'barely there yolk-sac' is now slowly prising my hips apart today. Sitting down for long periods is becoming a problem!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now