Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sickness....normal?!

(6 Posts)
Lj8893 Thu 18-Apr-13 14:12:36

Hi all I'm 12 and a half weeks pregnant and have been pretty lucky so far that I haven't had any sickness (just nausea and the occasional retch/gag)

The nausea has eased off greatly in the last week or so.

Today I woke up with a headache and at lunchtime I had a pasta ready meal.

I have just quite violently thrown up this whole ready meal......is this normal pregnancy sickness or do I have a bug?!

Before I was pregnant I have rarely had any sickness (only alcohol related lol) so this is all a bit new to me!

mumoftwoboysS Thu 18-Apr-13 14:39:33

Yep I'd say so. I had two single bouts of sickness with both of my pregnancies (they lasted around 8 hours -being sick till my stomach was empty) and both happened after a rich/fatty meal. I remember in my second pregnancy it was after eating takeaway fish and chips (which I rarely eat) I think it was all that grease! Otherwise I only ever felt nauseaus. (It took a few years before I could face fish and chips again!)

Just avoid greasy/rich foods or in your case also ready meals!! I think sometimes the stomach is just more sensitive. I surived on lighter meals and lots of salty crackers in 1st trimester, after that could eat most things

mumoftwoboysS Thu 18-Apr-13 14:40:11

sorry and by yep I mean its probably just your sensitive tum due to being pregnant rather than a bug.

LostMySocks Thu 18-Apr-13 14:40:16

My sickness got worse from about 12 to nearly 14 weeks but then a couple of days later went away. That got me worried too as suddenly got appetite back and like coffee again. Baby fine though

Persuasion Thu 18-Apr-13 14:58:01

I'd say it's hard to know at this point, you just have to wait and see. The fact you have a headache may suggest it's a bug, or could just be a coincidence. Maybe try to have light food and plenty of fluids today, and see how you get on. Hopefully it's just a one-off!

Lj8893 Thu 18-Apr-13 20:51:38

Thanks for all your responses! My headache quickly turned into a migraine so think the sickness was related to that!

After a couple of hours sleep I was much better and have had a nice long walk and swim!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now