Talk

Advanced search

Tips to get baby to turn

(8 Posts)
Simian0 Thu 18-Apr-13 08:47:44

So, I'm 39+5 today and the baby's still lying on the wrong side (making it back to back most likely). Have been lying on my left hand side a lot and bought an exercise ball to sit on as GP recommended. Stubborn wee thing doesn't seem to want to move around though.

Any other suggestions/tips?

Think I still have time as there have been no signs of baby coming yet.

Thanks.

LittleRedDinosaur Thu 18-Apr-13 08:55:09

I turned a dining chair round and sat it on backwards so I could lean forwards into the back of the chair (if you know what I mean) didn't sit once in a normal chair (miserable!). Also hands and knees on the floor. It worked and I felt her turn after about 5 days. Good luck!

LoganMummy Thu 18-Apr-13 08:59:24

Have you tried kneeling on the floor and leaning over your ball?

Simian0 Thu 18-Apr-13 08:59:46

Thanks, good tips. When you say hands and knees on the floor do you mean just on all fours in a normal fashion, not propped up on anything?

Simian0 Thu 18-Apr-13 09:00:17

Not yet LoganMummy, but will do now. wink

Cookethenook Thu 18-Apr-13 09:18:46

We were told by NCT woman to sit back straight with our knees below our hips wherever possible. Lying on your left hand side when you're lounging on the sofa and trying to sleep on your left in bed (although she agreed that this one was near impossible and if it meant sacrificing a good nights sleep, not to do it!)

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Thu 18-Apr-13 10:51:26

Might be worth haing a look at the spinning babies website at the different positions to help. Worked for me flipping a breech. No harm trying! Good luck.

LittleRedDinosaur Thu 18-Apr-13 18:33:41

Hi, (sorry been out) yes just normal hands and knees- think I needed help getting up again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now