Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does the not returning to work for. 48 hrs after being sick apply to morning sickness? (NHS)

(6 Posts)
Madamecastafiore Wed 17-Apr-13 21:40:20

Work in nhs and usually they very hot on staying off for alloyed time. I presume this won't be the same if its morning sickness making me sick?

Startail Wed 17-Apr-13 21:42:26

Morning sickness isn't catching, at least I hope not grin.

ginmakesitallok Wed 17-Apr-13 21:42:26

No I don't think it applies to morning sickness. As long as you're sure it is morning sickness, and I suppose you can never really be sure. Check with your manager, or with infection control

JollyJumpingJelly Wed 17-Apr-13 21:53:03

No it doesn't, I ended up working in between throwing up every few hours with hyperemesis until dd's birth at 32 weeks, it honesty gets easier to throw up, ignore the sicky feeling and get on with normal life within a few weeks. You get used to it and its nowhere near as bad as the first few days/weeks if it does continue, so it shouldn't disrupt work fingers crossed. smile

Springforward Wed 17-Apr-13 22:03:09

No, that's a precaution against spreading infection, so doesn't apply to morning sickness.

MorganLeFey Wed 17-Apr-13 23:32:35

Sadly not or I would've been off for over 2 months! But obviously not infectious so it didn't really cross my mind that would apply.

Though if you ask an adminoid/find an officious infection control type they might tie themselves in knots & decide there's no way of knowing for sure that it's not..!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now