Talk

Advanced search

Frustration with trying to be patient!

(16 Posts)
charlottesweb87 Wed 17-Apr-13 11:07:12

I am so sure I am pregnant but since its only 13 days since I think I conceived I don't have enough hormones to get a positive yet. Took a test 10 days since possible conception but negative hmm

Symptoms are: bloating, aching stomach and feeling heavy, lower back ache, occasional headache, one day of bleeding and then 4 days of brown discharge (never had anything like it before), tired and generally feeling like I don't want to do anything, tingling in nipples. I just "feel" like I am pregnant. I am waiting till this Friday to take a test but the waiting is driving me crazy! Anyone else experienced this???

Rockchick1984 Wed 17-Apr-13 13:16:23

Have you tried a First Response test? The early result one should be able to pick up a positive by now (or at least with FMU tomorrow morning). Good luck - when I was TTC I had months where I was convinced I was pregnant and wasn't, but obviously also had symptoms the month I got my BFP smile

emmalouise14 Wed 17-Apr-13 13:55:46

I had lower back pain and exhaustion, that's how i knew. People said to me "how can you have back pain already!?" but i did, and i knew something was happening. you should trust your instincts. It's horrible trying to be patient though, i'm 5 weeks and struggling and i'm very impatient!! xx

charlottesweb87 Wed 17-Apr-13 19:45:07

Yes I do think you really can "just know". My body is certainly telling me something! I will let you know how my test result goes on Friday smile fingers crossed! smile Till then will be keeping myself distracted to make time pass.

I went to the doctor today too and she said that going by my symptoms I could possibly be pregnant. She also said I can do a blood test so thinking about that maybe if I get a BFN again.

charlottesweb87 Wed 17-Apr-13 19:50:30

Rockchick1984 - no I having tried First Response yet but I have heard they are one of the better tests! I already stocked up on a couple f Superdrug ones (they were on offer smile) but will get the First Response ones if I still get BFN. Weird but feel determined to keep testing till I see any kind of line!

SorryMyLollipop Wed 17-Apr-13 21:04:47

My first symptom was extreme tiredness followed by period pain but no period. Superdrug tests are also very sensitive apparently.

candr Wed 17-Apr-13 21:08:08

Sometimes you just know. One day I was sat in bath crying about the fact I was so stressed that I would never get pg and the next day felt an urge to take a test as somehow just knew - was 4-5 weeks. Took 5 months to conceive after stopping the pill. This time took a test when not sure and another one a week later when I had 'that feeling' again and was pg. Good luck grin

charlottesweb87 Fri 19-Apr-13 14:42:50

Thanks that's all really helpful. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests this week but all negative hmm

But since yesterday I have had an ache at the top of my inner thigh/groin area. Is this normal??? I feel like I have been doing some thigh exercises!! I still think I must be pregnant but no BFP hmm

silvershine45 Fri 19-Apr-13 17:23:11

fingers crossed your pregnant smile

charlottesweb87 Fri 19-Apr-13 18:13:04

Thanks! smile I really hope I am. Also I have been soooo thirsty, I also never really drink much at all or even want to so I have noticed the difference. Typed it in to Google and seems that's a symptom. Going crazy here!!!

mybelovedmonster Fri 19-Apr-13 18:25:17

Try a Superdrug test - they're really good and v sensitive.

Rockchick1984 Fri 19-Apr-13 18:36:58

When's your period due? Keeping fingers tightly crossed for you! Are you testing with first morning urine, that's when the hormones are most highly concentrated so will give you a positive earlier than testing later in the day.

Superdrug tests have gave me my last 2 bfps smile - first response, tescos, cheap poundland ones never showed though hmm

charlottesweb87 Fri 19-Apr-13 22:08:41

Ok will try Superdrug. Going to test again next week & should give me a true answer I hope!

Not sure exactly when AF is due as it is rather irregular which doesn't help me much at all but should be about now I reckon! Thanks everyone for the good advice smile

autumn6553 Sun 21-Apr-13 05:16:25

I have a question I'm 10 days late is that to early to test cause I've tested twice a few days ago and they came up negative idk what to do

Rockchick1984 Sun 21-Apr-13 08:24:50

Autumn you should be getting a positive test by now easily - I'd suggest going to speak to your Dr. Have you lost weight or anything this month which could affect your AF arriving?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now