Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnant! AGAIN

(15 Posts)
Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 09:23:22

I have a 5 year old girl in reception and a 7 month old boy who I am still on maternity leave with and I e just found out I'm pregnant. I'm sure my eggs get fertilised from touching his toothbrush 😕 I'm scared and worried about how we will cope financially and emotionally. The oldest has been slightly difficult since number 2 appeared but nothing I can't cope with. I had so much planned for this year, I've quit my job to go self employed, holiday booked with the girls and one with the family. Stuck in a 2 bed house that won't sell. I don't think any of these reasons are valid enough to not have the baby but I'm still panicking!

Fuckwittery Wed 17-Apr-13 11:33:50

toothbrush?! your DP errm, got sperm on his toothbrush and you did what for it? Hoping that's a typo!

Sorry you are finding yourself in this situation, what does your other half think about it?

Wishihadabs Wed 17-Apr-13 11:38:19

Congratulations.

IcingOnTheNappyCake Wed 17-Apr-13 11:39:15

You'll always find a way, if the holidays are soon-ish then you can still go? I hope things work out for you and you and OH find a way that works for you xxx

Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 14:16:08

Haha, not a typo.. It's an expression meaning you fall pregnant very easily.. 'I only use his toothbrush and im pregnant'! I think im VERY fertile as I literally fell pregnant from having sex once each time so its a massive shock to us both.. He's willing to stand by my choice but I know he'd rather no more children for now. I want to feel grateful and appreciate I CAN have children with no difficulties but I just feel lost and scared. 2 years on one income then 2 childcare bills when I finally do get back to work will be far from easy. Thanks for the kind words x

mumoftwoboysS Wed 17-Apr-13 14:22:20

I understand your concern/worries. I think I'm pregnant (90% sure just need to face up to it and take the test!) and have a 4yo and 2yo. We talked about having another and I was keen, he wasn't so keen (sent mixed messages but did talk about another) anyway, I'm worried too as I'm not working atm (made redundant over a year ago) haven't found work yet as looking for a part time job (decent ones of which are like gold dust) and now I'm (probably) preggers again I won't get paid maternity leave.

(we have also only tried a few times and I think we must be very fertile- I got your joke re the toothbrush- I reckon we're the same!)

I think it's only natural to have fears and reservations and I think unless you're filthy rich unfortunately it's not just pure joy when finding out with your 3rd + but also the money worries that have to be taken into account. As Icing said, you'll find a way and if you have to tighten your belt a bit (Like we will) then things will get easier again at some point. we've also booked a holiday - my only disappointment will be not being able to drink the wine whilst there! wink

pinkteapot Wed 17-Apr-13 15:09:05

well... if you have the baby, I doubt we'll find you posting on here saying you wish you hadn't! life throws you curve balls sometimes, rolling with them is part of the journey. you'l love no 3 :-)

Fuckwittery Wed 17-Apr-13 15:32:52

Lol Lucy, sorry, I'd never heard that expression before! I was imagining all sorts of toothbrush going ons in your house! It def applies to me too, currentky preg with no 3 after condom split and map failed, first two were v v quick too (one slip up first time round, second time within first month of trying).

Poor you, I know it's a shock having just gone through it, but if you want the baby you will cope.

Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 16:59:40

I'd never regret having it I know that in my heart but I will 100% regret not having it because difficulties don't seem a good enough reason not to?! This forum is like thinking out loud! I like it! I'm not anti abortion, I have no particular opinion on it either way, individuals choice but we are a happy family and have a home, income, families etc.. What real reason do I have not to? I'm reasoning with myself again.. Oh god! I think my minds already been told what to do by my heart hasn't it x

Cj1981 Wed 17-Apr-13 17:07:42

Hi, I'm also in a similar situation. DD is just 2, DS is 6 months old and just found out that I'm pregnant again! Most definitely not planned as we have no money, no space and on some days I have no sanity!! However as you've said, neither of these things seemed like a good enough reason not to have another baby so I figure we'll tighten our belts even further, put more things in the loft and just hope and pray its not twins ;-). I'm sure 3 will be a lot of fun and that once DC3 is here I'll wonder what all the fuss was about! Congrats and enjoy.

MoominsYonisAreScary Wed 17-Apr-13 17:13:07

I found out I was pg again when ds3 was 8 weeks old grin I think it's natural to be apprehensive regardless of age gap/ if baby was planned or not etc

Congratulations x

Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:24:11

Thank you all x nice to know I'm not the only person to panic.. Easy to convince yourself you're the worse Mom in the world when you REALLY wish you weren't pregnant... BUT I am, as are some of you and I'm sure we'll all do fine.. I can feel the grey hairs sprouting out just thinking about it... One bit of good news! Had an offer on our tiny 2 bed house we are already packed into like sardines!... I'm banning toothbrushes in my house n getting a cast iron chastity belt!

Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:27:34

Oh my god just re-read these posts! TWINS!? That doesn't even need to be thought about now does it... I would run away and join the circus.

pinkteapot Wed 17-Apr-13 20:11:18

You will get used to juggling 3 the same as you got used to 2... a little adjustment and yes some sanity saving measures may be needed, BUT you will have a wonderful new addition to your family. Sounds like you know yourself to be honest... I think congratulations are in order xx

harrygracejessica Thu 18-Apr-13 11:45:32

I was pregnant again when our eldest was 8 months but it was with twins who were then early so only 15 months between them - then when they were 2 I fell pregnant again and it was twins again.

You will cope because you have to :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: