Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant! AGAIN

(15 Posts)
Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 09:23:22

I have a 5 year old girl in reception and a 7 month old boy who I am still on maternity leave with and I e just found out I'm pregnant. I'm sure my eggs get fertilised from touching his toothbrush 😕 I'm scared and worried about how we will cope financially and emotionally. The oldest has been slightly difficult since number 2 appeared but nothing I can't cope with. I had so much planned for this year, I've quit my job to go self employed, holiday booked with the girls and one with the family. Stuck in a 2 bed house that won't sell. I don't think any of these reasons are valid enough to not have the baby but I'm still panicking!

Fuckwittery Wed 17-Apr-13 11:33:50

toothbrush?! your DP errm, got sperm on his toothbrush and you did what for it? Hoping that's a typo!

Sorry you are finding yourself in this situation, what does your other half think about it?

Wishihadabs Wed 17-Apr-13 11:38:19

Congratulations.

IcingOnTheNappyCake Wed 17-Apr-13 11:39:15

You'll always find a way, if the holidays are soon-ish then you can still go? I hope things work out for you and you and OH find a way that works for you xxx

Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 14:16:08

Haha, not a typo.. It's an expression meaning you fall pregnant very easily.. 'I only use his toothbrush and im pregnant'! I think im VERY fertile as I literally fell pregnant from having sex once each time so its a massive shock to us both.. He's willing to stand by my choice but I know he'd rather no more children for now. I want to feel grateful and appreciate I CAN have children with no difficulties but I just feel lost and scared. 2 years on one income then 2 childcare bills when I finally do get back to work will be far from easy. Thanks for the kind words x

mumoftwoboysS Wed 17-Apr-13 14:22:20

I understand your concern/worries. I think I'm pregnant (90% sure just need to face up to it and take the test!) and have a 4yo and 2yo. We talked about having another and I was keen, he wasn't so keen (sent mixed messages but did talk about another) anyway, I'm worried too as I'm not working atm (made redundant over a year ago) haven't found work yet as looking for a part time job (decent ones of which are like gold dust) and now I'm (probably) preggers again I won't get paid maternity leave.

(we have also only tried a few times and I think we must be very fertile- I got your joke re the toothbrush- I reckon we're the same!)

I think it's only natural to have fears and reservations and I think unless you're filthy rich unfortunately it's not just pure joy when finding out with your 3rd + but also the money worries that have to be taken into account. As Icing said, you'll find a way and if you have to tighten your belt a bit (Like we will) then things will get easier again at some point. we've also booked a holiday - my only disappointment will be not being able to drink the wine whilst there! wink

pinkteapot Wed 17-Apr-13 15:09:05

well... if you have the baby, I doubt we'll find you posting on here saying you wish you hadn't! life throws you curve balls sometimes, rolling with them is part of the journey. you'l love no 3 :-)

Fuckwittery Wed 17-Apr-13 15:32:52

Lol Lucy, sorry, I'd never heard that expression before! I was imagining all sorts of toothbrush going ons in your house! It def applies to me too, currentky preg with no 3 after condom split and map failed, first two were v v quick too (one slip up first time round, second time within first month of trying).

Poor you, I know it's a shock having just gone through it, but if you want the baby you will cope.

Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 16:59:40

I'd never regret having it I know that in my heart but I will 100% regret not having it because difficulties don't seem a good enough reason not to?! This forum is like thinking out loud! I like it! I'm not anti abortion, I have no particular opinion on it either way, individuals choice but we are a happy family and have a home, income, families etc.. What real reason do I have not to? I'm reasoning with myself again.. Oh god! I think my minds already been told what to do by my heart hasn't it x

Cj1981 Wed 17-Apr-13 17:07:42

Hi, I'm also in a similar situation. DD is just 2, DS is 6 months old and just found out that I'm pregnant again! Most definitely not planned as we have no money, no space and on some days I have no sanity!! However as you've said, neither of these things seemed like a good enough reason not to have another baby so I figure we'll tighten our belts even further, put more things in the loft and just hope and pray its not twins ;-). I'm sure 3 will be a lot of fun and that once DC3 is here I'll wonder what all the fuss was about! Congrats and enjoy.

MoominsYonisAreScary Wed 17-Apr-13 17:13:07

I found out I was pg again when ds3 was 8 weeks old grin I think it's natural to be apprehensive regardless of age gap/ if baby was planned or not etc

Congratulations x

Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:24:11

Thank you all x nice to know I'm not the only person to panic.. Easy to convince yourself you're the worse Mom in the world when you REALLY wish you weren't pregnant... BUT I am, as are some of you and I'm sure we'll all do fine.. I can feel the grey hairs sprouting out just thinking about it... One bit of good news! Had an offer on our tiny 2 bed house we are already packed into like sardines!... I'm banning toothbrushes in my house n getting a cast iron chastity belt!

Loopylucy81 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:27:34

Oh my god just re-read these posts! TWINS!? That doesn't even need to be thought about now does it... I would run away and join the circus.

pinkteapot Wed 17-Apr-13 20:11:18

You will get used to juggling 3 the same as you got used to 2... a little adjustment and yes some sanity saving measures may be needed, BUT you will have a wonderful new addition to your family. Sounds like you know yourself to be honest... I think congratulations are in order xx

harrygracejessica Thu 18-Apr-13 11:45:32

I was pregnant again when our eldest was 8 months but it was with twins who were then early so only 15 months between them - then when they were 2 I fell pregnant again and it was twins again.

You will cope because you have to :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now