Talk

Advanced search

Bit random but last port of call

(4 Posts)
Browneyedgirl3107 Tue 16-Apr-13 20:34:58

I have had burning feet every night in bed since I was heavily pregnant with my dd 3 years ago. Its horrendous, have tried everything to cool them down - changed my footwear, bathed them in cool water before bed, laid flannels on them, tried different creams etc nothing seems to work. The doctors have taken bloods to search for underline problem but no joy so they've kind of shrugged it off. I am now 6mths pregnant with my second child and the burning is getting worse the heavier Im getting. I made an apoointment to see a chiropodist today but she had no idea what causes it and said to ask my midwife :/
Has anybody else suffered with this? If so what did you do? Im losing valuable sleeping time because of it sad TIA x

rosiedays Wed 17-Apr-13 09:12:44

Hi Browney
I had this for years, burning soles of my feet every night.... Its so uncomfortable. I used to keep a bottle of frozen water in the freezer and rub my feet on it!
They got a lot worse last summer and i went to see a really good sports physio who diagnosed a problem called PLANAR FLEXITIS (sp!!!)
Its the inflamation of the muscle conecting the ankle and foot. (the foot end of
She bound my feet tight and told me to take anti-inflamitrys, and do streching excersizes. i also wear very sensible shoes. It has really helped. can't remember the last time it happened.
I hope you can get some relief, its really unpleasent and NO one seems to understand, It often had me in tears as i couldn't put my feet to the floor!!
good luck

AuntieStella Wed 17-Apr-13 09:17:03

I think it's spelt plantar fasciitis, and MIL had it. IIRC, there is no cure, you just have to alleviate symptoms and she used to (try to) sleep with a bag of frozen peas under her feet.

It might be something else, though. If it's something triggered by pg, I hope your MW will be able to help. And weird things in pg sometimes disappear as rapidly and randomly as they appear.

Browneyedgirl3107 Wed 17-Apr-13 20:40:05

Thanku ladies...and thank god someone else has had it before ( dont mean to sound horrible) I was starting to think it was all in my head n because I knew theyd get hot at night they automatically did...wierd i know :/
Rosiedays, what sensible types of shoes do you wear? I am going to b starting physio for pgp so will mention this to the physio.
Many thanks again.Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now