Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant after ivf and feeling anxious! Is this normal???

(5 Posts)
carliepow Tue 16-Apr-13 16:24:02

Hi,

I'm 16 weeks pregnant after second ivf attempt. Over the moon and still trying to actually believe I'm pregnant. Also feeling anxious though, desperate to enjoy my pregnancy but also terrified something may happen and we could lose it all.

Is it normal to feel this way or am I just crazy? Anybody else feel the same?

Lolapink Tue 16-Apr-13 18:04:32

Hi I am also pregnant after ICSI, we had been trying for 7 years. You are not crazy I feel exactly the same. We had our viability scan the other day those16 days of waiting for that felt longer than the 2ww. Now i am 7weeks 1 day and feel like I am wishing my pregnancy would fast forward to 12 weeks. I think because we have struggled so much to get pregnant, it seems frightening in case it gets taken away.

carliepow Tue 16-Apr-13 19:44:20

Hi Lolapink,

I feel exactly the same, I'm not glad that you feel anxious, but am reassured to know this is normal. We used our only 2 surviving embryos for this round of ivf so really feel like I have the world to lose. I feel much better than I did before our 12 week scan, so I know you will feel much more at ease once you've seen your baby. I wonder if we'll ever feel completely relaxed and 100% excited until we have our babies safely with us?
During our ivf I didn't know anybody personally going through it which was difficult at times, and never found any support groups. Think that would have helped us, this is the first direct contact I've had with anyone currently pregnant with ivf. How about you?

fairypangolin Tue 16-Apr-13 19:44:25

Hi - just wanted to say there is a thread just for people like us who are pregnant after IVF/ICSI and prone to worrying! It's called "pregnant (ivf) worriers" unsurprisingly. Come and join us if you like we all know how you feel. I'm 14+2 after my first ivf which amazingly worked, only now starting to relax and enjoy it.

carliepow Tue 16-Apr-13 19:46:21

Wow thank you so much, I'll hop on over to worry with other worriers too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now