Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Recommend me a pregnancy sleep pillow please?

(12 Posts)
redandyellowandpinkandgreen Tue 16-Apr-13 12:47:59

Is it worth paying more for a decent one? They're so expensive.

HotSoupDumpling Tue 16-Apr-13 12:52:11

I can't make any useful comparisons, as I only bought one - a Theraline. Utterly extortionate but really worth it as it is really comfy and allows me to sleep on my side comfortably. Also great for propping yourself up in bed! I chose it because it's made of microbeads, so it's really adjustable.

fertilityFTW Tue 16-Apr-13 12:58:22

I just got a £7 Ikea V shaped one and while it isn't great, it's done the job. It's on its last legs now - but I'm almost at term, so will just get a fresh one for post-baby.

I have a duvet of my own, I use it like a body pillow, I can roll it under my leg, under my bump and cuddle up to it and it still keeps me warm smile you do lose I bit lot of the intimacy with DH, but I sleep so well!!

HotSoupDumpling Tue 16-Apr-13 13:02:31

Good lord, didn't realise how many 'really's I put into my post. Sorry!

snickersnacker Tue 16-Apr-13 13:31:39

Another vote for the Theraline Big V: www.johnlewis.com/theraline-big-v-maternity-nursing-pillow-ecru/p230733273. It is like having another person in bed with you but it is amazingly comfortable and has transformed my painful pelvis. Some people rave about the dreamgenii but I wasn't impressed when I saw one and it seemed less versatile than the Theraline.

£45, but at 24 weeks and considering the cost per night for the remainder of my pregnancy and the fact that it'll function as a nursing pillow after baby comes - worth every penny.

FoofFighter Tue 16-Apr-13 13:35:57

I bought the long one out of Argos. it's ok, but not fab. they all take up so much sodding room in the bed though hmm I tend to use single feather pillows instead as they can squash into whatever form you need them.

IcingOnTheNappyCake Tue 16-Apr-13 13:37:45

I wouldn't recommend the DreamGeni pillow - not because its not comfy because it really is! and it has great back support- but because, you can't easily turn over in the night you have to take the pillow and rearrange it because it goes under your body. Id go for a long plain pillow next time!

Lorelei353 Tue 16-Apr-13 13:41:38

I too have the Theraline. Chose it over the Dream Genii because you only seem to be able to use the DG if you're lying on your left hand side. Theraline you can move around the bed with you.

Took a bit of getting used to but I love it now! Been using it since 20 weeks (am 32 now).

cyclecamper Tue 16-Apr-13 14:55:26

I like my dream genii, and I got it from ebay so it wasn't too extortionate. I have lots of ordinary pillows, a continental square one and an argos v pillow as well, but the dream genii is the best. I rearrange all the others to fit in where I need extra support on any particular night.

GettingObsessive Tue 16-Apr-13 15:01:17

I like the dream genii too - while I am not far gone enough to need the back support I just fold it over an only use the long bit.

Cheffie100 Tue 16-Apr-13 15:45:41

Dream Genii is a god send and makes lying on your left easy - which is also best way to lie for baby to get in right position. Super comfy and saves tossing and turning and not sleeping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now