Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did you take your belly bar out?

(8 Posts)
WinterMammy Tue 16-Apr-13 12:42:50

I've been told (she was a bitch btw angry) that I have to take them out or they will break the 10k equipment. There bloody plastic! Anyway, I've cut them as short as I can and I'm planning on just going to my scan with them in anyway, in hope, I get someone nicer smile. If they mention it I'll take them out by all means but... I just don't understand. I never had to do this with my first, even at my 20 week scan!

Gingerpanther27 Tue 16-Apr-13 12:50:23

first two scans i had ( 7 and 14 week - was supposed to be 12 week scan but hospital f**ked up hmm ) i had mine in, 20 week scan i took it out on request because of the way LO was lying. was put back in as soon as I'd got the gloop of my pelvis and peed my socks off grin mine was metal though

MissFredi Tue 16-Apr-13 12:55:27

I don't see how it could break it. Don't they go round the belly button anyway?

rrreow Tue 16-Apr-13 13:36:05

At my 12w scan I left it in (wearing a regular titanium one) and they didn't mention it, but then at a certain point the sonographer asked me to take it out as he said it was casting a shadow on the image. At my 20w scan I took it out beforehand, but they didn't specifically ask for me to do that.

I don't really see the problem with taking it out to be honest, it's only for 30 minutes maximum. I wore it all the way through labour & birth with DS1 (despite my regular midwife mentioning at my appointments that I'd have to take it out for the labour, the midwife who was actually with me for the birth never mentioned it and it never got in the way - I mean, it's not like you're giving birth through your belly button).

Twinklestarstwinklestars Tue 16-Apr-13 13:38:07

I've had mine in at all my scans (am 27 weeks and had about 7!) and mines metal.

IslaValargeone Tue 16-Apr-13 13:40:05

I left mine in through all scans and indeed throughout the pregnancy and birth.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Tue 16-Apr-13 15:25:10

Nope, left it in, it was never mentioned.

WinterMammy Tue 16-Apr-13 16:32:12

I don't mind taking it out if they ask, I don't want to do it before hand because I'm worried my bottom one will heal. I had problems with it for months when I had it pierced, the twat used an eye brow bar!! so it basically cut all my stomach and I had my mum re piece it with a normal belly bar. Tbh, I really wouldn't have been bothered by her suggestion if she'd told me the truth!! I don't know, there in the way or something, but I very much doubt they'll break the equipment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now