Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just checking I'm normal

(7 Posts)
DanniiH Tue 16-Apr-13 11:22:03

Hi,

I'm just coming up to 15 weeks pregnant (2nd pregnancy) and I can feel my womb is almost up to my belly button already. When I look online I've read that it should be popping over the pelvic bone about now but mine is massive and my stomach has rounded off. I look about 5 months pregnant already! Is this normal for second pregnancies? Don't get me wrong I'm not concerned just wonder if it's normal or if I'm having a giant baby!

Thanks. x

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Tue 16-Apr-13 12:57:11

It must be, I look much more pregnant second time around and it looks high up but I assume it just resumes the previous shape really easily.

DanniiH Tue 16-Apr-13 13:18:24

It's not just me then! It's literally like my muscles have said bye bye! The lower part (from the belly button down) is firm, except for my layer of fat I hadn't got rid of from dc1 that is! Hope that firms up soon too! x

2Labradors Tue 16-Apr-13 18:09:46

With my DS (my 2nd) I had a bump by 12 weeks. I was so surprised how quickly it appeared. My IBS started in my 2nd pregnancy though so I think a lot of mine was bloating, but at 12 weeks I needed maternity trousers for work.

Now pregnant with #3 and my tum goes from not looking pregnant to looking 5 months during a day, due to the IBS again I'm thinking. I'm only 7 weeks.

Everyone is different though but I like to hear from others who have bumps early as it reassures me that I'm not alone. 7 weeks is bloody early though haha, but I have jelly instead of stomach muscles now I think grin

DanniiH Tue 16-Apr-13 18:42:46

Ha ha! I could feel but not see it from about 8 weeks. I've actually got a little IBS too so that could be contributing although it improved during my 1st pregnancy and never came back as severe as it used to be. Food would just pass through me and I lost 2 stone in 6 months, I looked great could do with it coming back after this baby! Not really though, I had to run to the loo about 6 times a day so it wasn't good! x

AFingerofFudge Tue 16-Apr-13 18:45:44

sorry, nothing really to do with the thread but the title made me laugh when I was scanning down through Active Convs.
This thought went through my head
"none of us are normal on MN" grin

btw, think you're normal from a pregnancy pov x

DanniiH Wed 17-Apr-13 08:36:13

Ha ha thanks! I feel fine so wasn't concerned anything was wrong with the baby. My friend just gave birth to a giant baby so I guess it got me thinking! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now