Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Progesterone in early pregnancy advice

(5 Posts)
Lucky13ForBaby Tue 16-Apr-13 09:50:19

Hi I have had several miscarriages in the last 9 months and am no pregnant again although not sure at this stage if it is a viable pregnancy. I was prescribed a progesterone hormone yesterday which I will collect later but I don't know much about it. Was hoping to hear from other ladies who have used it and if it was beneficial, any side effects or risks. Am getting myself a bit worried. Not a great week for me as I have a scan Thursday to see of this pregnancy is working and Friday would be the initial due date for the first lost pregnancy.

Lucky13ForBaby Tue 16-Apr-13 10:42:56

Bump. Anyone? Have to start it today x

bonzo77 Tue 16-Apr-13 10:47:44

So sorry for your losses. Didn't want to read then run, though I can't actually advise. There's a whole thread on your situation in either pregnancy or conception. Are you on aspirin too?

RJM17 Tue 16-Apr-13 11:44:50

Hi I was given the hormone in a suppository called cyclogest. I have used it since 5 weeks and I am now at 9 weeks and just had a scan and baby is very strong and healthy!! So I would say it works and wouldn't hesitate taking it again!!
I should have said I was given it because I have previously had mc's and had bleeding with this pregnancy as well.
Good luck and hope all ok xx

Lucky13ForBaby Tue 16-Apr-13 13:14:49

Thank you both. RJM that's what I have just collected. I think I should be about 8 1/2 weeks but when I was scanned 10 days ago the sac measured small and no heart beat. I saw my consultant at the clinic yest and I should have started the hormone already but due to poor communication and people not doing there jobs I wasn't and didn't know. Very angry about that. I guess il give it a go now and hope for the best. Thank you again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now