Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

oh my poor boobs! help! please!

(13 Posts)
minimuffy Mon 15-Apr-13 19:00:25

they ache, proper never had this pain before ache.

i am only about 6/7 weeks pg so far.

i have put on a sports bra when i got in from work and it seems to be helping a little. should i be wearing it at night for extra support?

what else can i do to ease the pain?

Saundy Mon 15-Apr-13 19:25:59

You can get proper sleeping bras. Other than that get measured up & figure out if underwired or not is best for you.

Congratulations!!

SourSweets Mon 15-Apr-13 19:27:18

I feel your pain Minimuffy. I had to wear a mothercare maternity bra at night otherwise the pain of turning over in my sleep would wake me up. It definitely helped. Get a couple of those ones that are like bands of jersey fabric, I got mine fairly tight and that helped to hold everything in place. They got much better after the first trimester though and I am no longer clutching my tits whenever we drive over a speed bump.

minimuffy Mon 15-Apr-13 19:29:24

where did you get the jersey ones from?

RJM17 Mon 15-Apr-13 19:30:51

I was horrendous when I was at that stage!! I couldn't even move the quilt cover with it touching them without crying with the pain!!
But I am now 9 weeks and its no were near as bad!! So it does get better. But I found wearing padded bras eased it a bit as it gave the extra bit between them and anything touching them.
Congrats and hope it eases soon xxx

SourSweets Mon 15-Apr-13 19:34:18

Here:

http://www.mothercare.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-MCENGB-Site/default/Search-Show?q=sleep%20bra

That first one is the exact one I have and it was excellent.

f1ump Mon 15-Apr-13 20:59:59

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I still have the same problem, however I got fitted for maternity bra's at M&S and they are fantastic! I got advised to wear them at night and they have definitely made a difference.

drawohamme Mon 15-Apr-13 21:00:14

If you don't have big boobs in the first place these are wonderful...

http://m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/2-Pack-Non-Wired-Crop-Tops/dp/B0046MCLPK?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=537046031&sr=1-1&qid=1366055924&pf_rd_r=1VW7AWR8H54SF07496ST&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=537046031&pf_rd_p=321381387&pf_rd_s=related-items-3&un_jtt_redirect

Dexidoo Mon 15-Apr-13 21:08:29

I suffered for the first 3-4 months especially at night.

I found these vests at m&s and they have been great. I even wear them in the day sometimes instead of a bra. (Although now not in public as my B cups are now DDs)

www.marksandspencer.com/Secret-Support-Cotton-Rich-Vest/dp/B0034RPDG2?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=42966030&sr=1-1&qid=1366056273&pf_rd_r=147WPPANDCDV8F04NEZN&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=321381407&pf_rd_s=center-3

GettingObsessive Mon 15-Apr-13 21:44:59

Oh yes, the delight of being woken up by your own painful boobs hmm

I got some of the soft crop top types for in bed - mine were a fiver each from sainsburys. Made a big difference.

Sorry to be the bearer if bad news, but I am 15 weeks and I seem to be going through my 4th growth spurt. By cheap bras WITH SMOOTH INSIDES (this is very important) each time you grow. If they're lacy or the seams are all in the wrong place, you will be desperate to tear them off in the loos at work by 11am when you get in.

ButteryJam Tue 16-Apr-13 00:12:11

I would definitely wear it at night. Also moisturising them might help too. I got the bravado silk bra, but I'm sure any other comfy bra would do.

cakebaby Tue 16-Apr-13 12:40:18

Oh yes I feel your pain, literally! Paid for some pricey sleep bras but found sainsburys crop top type seamless bras just as good in a range of colours & designs for £5-£8 each. Utter bargain!

Bodicea Tue 16-Apr-13 21:01:30

Bravissimo secret support nighties Are good if you have big boobs ( the cottons ones) I find a lot of the soft cup bras are uncomfortable at night due to thin straps and scratchy bits - so I wear them over a t- shirt in bed - good look I know.Also wear my saggy older sports bras to sleep in. Last night they were really sore so wore and old sports bra with secret Support vest too on top of that! Hubby is so lucky!!
Hurts the most first thing in the morning as am waking up/ turning over. Am 9 weeks and praying for it too end soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now