Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby on sciatic nerve at 28+ weeks

(4 Posts)
wifey6 Mon 15-Apr-13 11:22:39

Hi, am 28+3 with DS2 & suffered SPD mildly with DS1 from 32+ weeks. Have had SPD on/off this pregnancy also but over the weekend I started getting lower pain in my right side which progressed to being all round my back.
Called MW who said baby was on a sciatic nerve & not to worry. All urine samples taken Friday at 28 weeks were fine.
Can anyone give me advice on how to cope with the discomfort please...I can't sleep & moving can be painful. Physio referral going through.

WestieMamma Mon 15-Apr-13 11:46:26

I've had this for weeks and it got progressively worse, until I could barely walk. MW said the same, baby was on a sciatic nerve. Finally saw the physio on Friday and she said that isn't the case, it's pelvic girdle pain (PGP). She fitted me with a support belt like this. I can't believe what a difference something so simple has made.

Startail Mon 15-Apr-13 12:09:32

If it is sciatic pain, walking, swimming and not sitting still help a lot. As does teaching your DH/DP to run just above your buttock just to the side of your spine. You may be able to find the right place yourself.

The trick is to at h it the second it starts hurting.

wifey6 Mon 15-Apr-13 12:46:07

Thank you both...
I have a belt- but is now too small blush
Will see if physio can give me one that will last

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now