Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks - can I be induced for personal not medical reasons?

(6 Posts)
glossyflower Sun 14-Apr-13 20:57:46

Has anyone been induced for personal family reasons?
My dad is in hospital very sick and I'm worried he won't get to see first grandchild due a weeks time. I'm considering asking to be induced early.

marriednotdead Sun 14-Apr-13 21:10:08

I have no experience of this but I think it is a very reasonable request in very sad circumstances flowers

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sun 14-Apr-13 21:13:56

Yours are exceptional circumstances so I can't see the harm in asking, hope he gets to meet them.

freddiemisagreatshag Sun 14-Apr-13 21:17:51

Yes. I did similar once.

Take care xx

JaquelineHyde Sun 14-Apr-13 21:24:19

Your circumstances are extreme and I can't see them saying no, unless it would be medically dangerous to induce you (ie much riskier if you have a very high bmi)

If they did turn it down for no clear reason I would go above their heads and keep on asking.

Please look after yourself.

babyradio Sun 14-Apr-13 21:26:40

I'm going to be induced at 39 weeks so unless you have underlying medical conditions there isn't any reason why it isn't safe to do so. Ask them, the stress of worrying about your baby being born in time won't be doing you any good at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now