Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting and feeling sad. 10 weeks.

(14 Posts)
WorriedMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 18:32:08

Last week some lovely people on here supported me through some spotting at 9 weeks. After a reassuring scan I felt much better but I had some spotting again on Saturday night. My plan is to head to GP first thing for the 'sit and wait' surgery. Not sure what they'll do with having a scan last week but I really am worried sick. I've now had two scans showing a baby measuring right and a heartbeat but I also have a really sad feeling that everything is not right. I just want to know one way or the other. I've cried most of today and I feel so low. Can anyone talk me through their experiences? Thanks.

YoniBraxton Sun 14-Apr-13 18:40:28

Seeing a heartbeat is a really good sign, I hope you get another scan quickly and that all is well. I bled with both of my dd's (now 2.9yo and 17 weeks). I had spotting with both and a scary big red bleed with dd1, turned out to be a cervical ectropion. It can all turn out to be fine, I hope this is the case for you. Good luck.

WorriedMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 18:43:58

Thank you. I know that heartbeat is a good sign and I'm trying hard to remember that. Lovely to hear you have 2 DDs! X

EcoHippyMum Sun 14-Apr-13 18:49:30

Worried I too am still spotting, but brown, old blood. I've been spotting on and off since 5 1/2 weeks gone and I am now 10 weeks + 2. I am scared of buying anything until after my next scan (have had two, one at 5 +5, and one at 7 after the A&E said I was most likely miscarrying due to my age [39]...and had to wait 5 days to see a healthy heartbeat and an embryo on target. That was three weeks ago and I am still worrying!

Try and not let it worry you so much, as stress will not do you any good, put your feet up and read a good book or busy yourself to take your mind off of it. x

WorriedMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 18:54:43

eco have you been back to midwife or dr since your last scan? Will they not scan again to check things are ok? Not sure what the dr will say tomorrow but I know I will cry so hoping they'll take me seriously! X

Charlie97 Sun 14-Apr-13 19:01:49

Not got much to add, only I hope you two lovely ladies are both going to produce healthy babes. Good luck both of you. envy

EcoHippyMum Sun 14-Apr-13 19:11:36

Worried, I had my booking appointment last week with the midwife and she really seemed not bothered by it and said it's probably old blood from implantation.... however the week before I had pinkish water blood once when wiping (sorry for tmi) and then the brown. I called the midwives (this was Thursday before Easter) and the midwife I spoke to said not to worry and not to really become stressed unless I am properly bleeding and cramping. I haven't done either... except for when I was 6 weeks and had the A&E chap make me feel awful for it! I am worried, yes, but I am also of the frame of mind that I can't change what is happening by worrying so trying to get on with life as best I can.

WorriedMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 19:29:39

I had a similar experience with an out of hours GP who wasn't very reassuring. I know worrying wont change anything but I just hate not knowing. Hope you feel better soon. X

Hiddenbiscuits Sun 14-Apr-13 19:36:23

My friend lent me her fetal doppler when i was pregnant, it was great for reassurance. She picked it up for about £10 on ebay and you can listen to baby's heart beat whenever you like smile

LouiseD29 Sun 14-Apr-13 21:49:48

Hello Worried, so sorry you've been having this stress. I had spotting on and off between 5 and I think around 13/14 weeks (i forget, exactly, but it lasted a while). Sometimes browny, sometimes pinky/red. Am now 23 weeks and all going well with bump. You are definitely doing the right thing to get it checked out, but it's very very common and, from what my midwife told me, mostly nothing at all to worry about.

Good luck, and how you continue to get good news.

Themobstersknife Sun 14-Apr-13 21:56:04

Almost exact same experience as YoniBraxton, except mine a bit older and both girls asleep upstairs. With DD1 I was soaking a pad in seconds with each gush. She has talked my ear off today. Lots of luck for tomorrow. Take care.

MightBeMad Sun 14-Apr-13 21:58:27

Hello op, I have had spotting with both my pgs. In the first it lasted off and on from 7 weeks to 23 weeks. Dd is now 19 months. In my current pg it was 4 weeks until 13 weeks. Am now 25 weeks and all seems fine so far! Please have hope. Some of us 'just do' when it comes to bleeding/spotting in pg. it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong! No cause was ever found. Fwiw I have also had a mc at 7 weeks. That time the bleeding went from spotting to full on red bleeding and cramping within a couple of hours and we had never seen a hb (embryo had never got that far). It was totally different.

I hope you get another reassuring scan soon and please try not to worry too much in the meantime.

Ooopsie Sun 14-Apr-13 22:13:15

I'm 10 weeks and had spotting on and off for last couple of weeks. Had my booking in scan with midwife this week and she told me not to worry. I vaguely remember spotting during my first trimester with my first daughter and she was perfectly fine and healthy all the way through. Spotting is very common, so try not to worry, it's important that you try stay relaxed at this stage in pregnancy. Your hormones are all over the place at the moment so your likely to feel low and worry to much. For peace of mind try ringing your GP or the anti-natal dept at your hospital in the morning.

PinkParsnips Mon 15-Apr-13 10:06:47

Hi worried, just to say I know exactly how you're feeling, its horrendous. I had constant brown spotting from about 5-8 weeks (I'm now 10+1) and was told its completely normal but like you I couldn't let myself believe it even after an early scan at 6 weeks which showed a hb. I've since had another at 9+1 (private scan) and only now am I letting myself hope it might just be ok.
I dont know if it will make u feel better but when I spoke to epu again when the spotting was still going on after 2 weeks they said the length of time you spot for doesnt mean anything and isnt a sign of a worsening problem unless it turns red/clots etc as we know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now