Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I have just seen my 6 weeks post c section neighbour jogging

(41 Posts)
NewChoos Sun 14-Apr-13 17:05:23

looking very skinny. I am fairly sure I was still tucking into chocolate at this stage and wearing size 16 clothes post DC1. I am going to feel very inadequate when DC2 born in July (I will have to check she's not around when I venture outside).
I mean it's normal to look pregnant still for about 6 months isn't it?!

purrpurr Sun 14-Apr-13 17:12:02

I mean it's normal to look pregnant still for about 6 months isn't it?!

shock Is that what happens? Nooooooooo no no no no no no <panics>

DolomitesDonkey Sun 14-Apr-13 17:24:06

I was riding my horse at 6 weeks post section and lost the weight in 11 days.

They tell me my medal is in the post.

LoganMummy Sun 14-Apr-13 22:51:50

It took me 12 months to get back to Pre-pregnancy weight. (But I did go mad with sweet treats etc)

peanutMD Mon 15-Apr-13 23:34:36

I had a CS 6 Weeks ago tomorrow, I walk 3 miles per day minimum and I'm 2 stone lighter than when I had my booking in appointment grin

Machli Mon 15-Apr-13 23:38:57

I was on my cross trainer 5 weeks after. I had three stone to lose though.

Brices Mon 15-Apr-13 23:51:04

Your sense of inadequacy has nothing to do with your neighbour

peanutMD Mon 15-Apr-13 23:51:53

I should also add for fairness that I had God awful sickness for 35 of my 40 Weeks so only put on 1.5lbs by birth and I was 7 stone overweight anyway blush

NewChoos Tue 16-Apr-13 07:42:14

Thanks Brices That's a lovely comment.

NewChoos Tue 16-Apr-13 07:43:04

I was being slightly ironic but I don't theres anyway I would have had the energy to go sopping at 6 weeks post...

worsestershiresauce Tue 16-Apr-13 07:48:46

I'm a fitness fiend and there is no way I'd jog at 6 weeks. Nutter! I didn't gain any baby weight though and left the hospital with nothing worse than some stitches and a bit of a tummy pouch (which had gone by 5 weeks) so I guess have less pressure on me to go crazy. I think it is a better idea to start with something low impact though.

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Tue 16-Apr-13 07:50:06

There is no 'normal' way to look post birth.

I left hospital 2 days after giving birth in my size 8 jeans. My sister gained 3 stone and hasn't lost it yet, 10 years later.

All you can do is eat sensibly and exercise moderately during pregnancy and hope for the best. grin

fuckwittery Tue 16-Apr-13 07:53:39

I was unfit before both dc2 and put on so much weight was desperate to get out there and shift it. Thus I started buggy fitness and jogging 6 weeks post c section both time. Was also something nice for me to do! Still took me a year to shift the weight though both times, probably more like 18 months with dd2

dingit Tue 16-Apr-13 07:56:01

Well my Ds is 11 and I still look pregnant blush

NewChoos Tue 16-Apr-13 08:12:28

Jogging..!

Bejeena Tue 16-Apr-13 11:54:58

I think you need to define 'jogging' and also that depends on how fit she was before and during pregnancy.

For example I am a big runner, usually 1 marathon a year and numerous half marathons, duathlons etc etc. To me going for a jog would be low impact and if my doctor says it is fine and I won't damage any stitches (in case I have to have CS) then I intend to be jogging.

I am 22 weeks and still jogging now and don't intend to stop soon.

People have different perceptions of exercise.

DanniiH Tue 16-Apr-13 12:35:22

I'm pretty sure this was meant to be a lighthearted post!!!

I would be shocked at such a sight but then I'm not someone who exercises! I never lost my tummy after ds1, he's 3, I'm pregnant again and would love to lose the belly after this one but still can't imagine even having the time to be jogging that soon! Maybe a brisk walk!

Talking about inadequacies is a little uncalled for I think!

x

forevergreek Tue 16-Apr-13 12:42:38

I wouldn't go running, but a slow jog/ fast walk is probably fine by then.

I found a fast walk through the park actually helped me wake up a bit

worsestershiresauce Tue 16-Apr-13 13:19:14

Bejeena - it's prolapse you need to worry about more than stitches. Someone posted on here a while back about running too soon afterwards and suffering just that. So not worth it.

Bejeena Tue 16-Apr-13 13:22:13

Thanks for the info, have not really researched it to be honest and am just going to follow what my doctor says.

seeker Tue 16-Apr-13 13:24:32

I discovered years later that the reason my sil hates me- well, the main reason anyway, was that I was dancing jigs on St Patrick's night 3 weeks after ds was born, and her mother used it as a stick to beat her with when she took a long time to recover from the birth of her own baby a few weeks later......

People's recovery is incredibly different- there's nothing clever or virtuous or anything about recovering quickly. Just luck.

MiaowTheCat Tue 16-Apr-13 14:44:12

I've come out of both pregnancies smaller than I went into them - I go off chocolate when pregnant and my appetite drops a lot (I'm fat so it's bot as if I'm starving myself) - it's just how I am.

Also took both kids on foot to the children's centre the week after we came home - about three miles - wondered why I was finding it tougher than expected till I got reminded that it was only two weeks since I'd given birth! I'd forgotten!

LivingThings Tue 16-Apr-13 15:28:59

I have had two ELCS and was back out running five weeks after each. However i only stopped running three weeks before ELCS so was still quite fit.

DanniiH Tue 16-Apr-13 15:36:40

I didn't have a CS but I walked in to town 5 weeks after giving birth, my bleeding had stopped a few days prior and the half hour steady walk set the bleeding off again and I got crampy pains too! I was gutted because I was so happy with myself for not going in the car! It put me off for weeks so I think I'll wait a bit longer next time to make sure I'm fully healed!

MissSusan Tue 16-Apr-13 15:39:07

I still look a bit pregnant sometimes nearly 3 years after having dts, mostly if I have eaten loads but its still there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now