Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bus vibrations when pregnant - worried

(10 Posts)
Gingerbreadpixie Sun 14-Apr-13 16:14:02

Hi. Im 20 weeks pg and DH and I took a long-ish bus journey earlier on and what with all the vibrations, rattling around, bumpy roads and having to sit on a seat that was little more than a piece of cloth over hard plastic, I wondered if all that shaking around could do any harm? I was literally coming out of my seat at one point and had to get off the bus early. I'm very emotional today (its a sad anniversary for me) so don't know if I'm just being silly but I burst into tears once I stepped off the bus, DH trying to calm me down, and ended up walking the rest of the way home worrying about shaking baby's brain. sad

featherbag Sun 14-Apr-13 16:21:06

Isn't it funny the crazy things we worry about when pregnant?! Baby will be fine, it's well cushioned in there, nothing to worry about and you'll laugh about this one day!

ilovepicnmix Sun 14-Apr-13 16:21:53

Babies are very well protected so yours will be just fine. Im sorry you're having a bad day.

TanteRose Sun 14-Apr-13 16:22:42

Don't worry - your baby is still very small and extremely well protected inside you, swimming around in a nice cushioning pool of warm fluid. He or she will be perfectly fine

Sorry to hear about your sad anniversary sad

Rosa Sun 14-Apr-13 16:22:53

Don't worry your baby is safe inside sit down have a cuppa, put your feet up it is highly unlikely that the bus ride would have done any harm.

ShowOfHands Sun 14-Apr-13 16:25:29

When pregnant with both of mine, I went on buses daily. I actually asked my midwife about this first time round.

Honestly, it's fine fine fine. Promise.

I'm sorry you are sad today. Feel better soon and try not to worry. Your little baby will be happily floating in a very protective sac of waters. Mine both liked the bus and would usually go to sleep. Same once born.

YoniHaveToAsk Sun 14-Apr-13 16:28:34

Hi Op, I went on the waltzer at the fair about 15 times when I was pregnant and didnt know I was pregnant. Ds1 (waltzer baby) is 16 today and has no brain damage. Your baby is well protected your baby will be fine smile

PotteringAlong Sun 14-Apr-13 16:32:42

If it were a problem then bus drivers etc would need to be signed off work the moment they were pregnant. It's fine.

Gingerbreadpixie Sun 14-Apr-13 16:46:40

Thank you all for your reassurance and for not calling me a silly cow!

I'm currently sitting with a big slice of cake and my feet up xx

PotteringAlong Sun 14-Apr-13 19:43:04

Ah, being pregnant is all about worries that with hindsight you look back on and say "what was I thinking?!" If it's any consolation, parenthood is exactly the same!

Enjoy your cake

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: