Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else a bit 'meh' about DC2?

(24 Posts)
80QuidYoniJob Sun 14-Apr-13 15:55:29

Obviously I'm looking forward to having DC2 and he is very wanted but I forget I'm even pregnant half the time!

With DD I signed up to all the onlinebaby clubs and was constantly on all the pregnancy websites looking up 26 weeks pregnant, 27 weeks pregnant ect, but this time round I'm not really interested. I think I've only ever looked it up about 3 times!

Buying baby stuff is so much of a hassle now too. Last time I was so excited and went baby shopping crazy. this time I hardly have anything ready.

I feel quite guilty that I'm not so interested in this pregnancy, so just wondering if this was normal?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sun 14-Apr-13 16:03:16

I'm nearly 27 weeks with dc3 and have hardly looked at calendars etc this time, I am more stressed about having stuff ready though, if the weather improves this week I want to get the baby grows all washed and packed (need good weather to get them all dried outside). Wish July would hurry up though!

poocatcherchampion Sun 14-Apr-13 16:07:01

yes me! I don't know where the last 19 weeks has gone! um getting some good movements and a bump so that is making it real and exciting, but last time as you say I was on forums etc the whole time. even though I'm back at work part time I am sure they are getting more out of me currently as I'm not day dreaming half the day!

80QuidYoniJob Sun 14-Apr-13 16:15:07

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My mum keeps asking me if I'm happy about the baby as I dont seem interested. I really am though.

Twinkle youve scared me a bit now. I'm 27 weeks and only have about 3 baby grows. Haven't even thought about washing anything yet! Better get a move on I think. blush

SuffolkNWhat Sun 14-Apr-13 16:17:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheCountessOlenska Sun 14-Apr-13 16:17:40

Oh I was like this - to be honest I found it pretty boring second time around blush, wasn't helped by feeling like crap and having a 2 year old to run after of course. If it helps, I had an absolutely lovely birth and 5 week old DS is such a cutie he has made up for the 'meh' pregnancy!

Floweryhat Sun 14-Apr-13 16:19:01

Sounds totally normal to me! Dc3 was worse, and dc4 was more like dc2 again. Nothing is like being pg with dc1!

PeppaPigStinks Sun 14-Apr-13 16:19:02

Me too! 28 weeks and have done nothing!

Floweryhat Sun 14-Apr-13 16:21:18

Oh, except for dc4 I never even really sorted much stuff before the birth. Kept thinking 'I'm sure there's so much to do', but couldn't think what. Turns out I was worng, all a newborn really needs is something to keep them warm, love and something to eat. A few baby grows, nappies and my boobs and that was pretty much all that was needed apart from love and cuddles.

TigerSwallowtail Sun 14-Apr-13 16:22:26

Both DP and I are really excited about dc2, and have really enjoyed getting all the baby stuff and checking what's happening every gestation week. We talk about it all the time and can't wait for her to be here, but dc
1 is 6 now so we've had a big break from baby stuff which has maybe made the difference. We're wanting a dc3 eventually too so if the age gap is smaller I'll probably be a lot more relaxed about it like you are.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sun 14-Apr-13 16:37:37

I had a panic yesterday though op as someone on the July ante natal group had her baby and she was due after me! Then a friend due a few days after me was posting pics of baby washing she was doing! I'm high risk too so think I'm going to pack the bags then at least if there's an emergency dp can just pick them up and go as he'd have no idea what to pack!

candr Sun 14-Apr-13 20:25:25

DH more 'meh' than me. Am waiting for 12w scan but keep worrying that it will show nothing and that any weight I have gained is food as was soooo sick with DS1 and had every horrid pg symptom full on, this time hardly anything which I know I should be grateful for but is hard to think/remember I am pg. Not fond of being pg though and not looking forward to how hard it will be with toddler though DC2 is planned and wanted. Not looked on a single pg site yet but have chatted about names (can't agree on any) Hope I get more entusiastic but wish DH would be more sympathetic with tiredness etc this time round.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Sun 14-Apr-13 20:30:52

Oh god yes! I was even musing booking a holiday for September the other day, forgetting it's my due date! I wanted to buy a little something for the baby so it isn't solely in DS's cast offs but I can't even be bothered to look. The only thing I have been interested in is choosing a name.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 14-Apr-13 21:10:47

I'm the same. confused

25+2 (I actually had to think how far I was there...)

Springforward Sun 14-Apr-13 21:13:04

Oh yes. I was desperate for DS. This one, yes I want another child, but I'm just not obsessed by the whole thing. I think the motivation is different this time, it's about completing rather than starting a family ( if that makes any sense at all?).

olivertheoctopus Sun 14-Apr-13 21:16:16

NORMAL!!! I'm on DC3 and very very meh. Makes you really how bloody precious we all are when pg for the first time! Altho had got shot of all baby stuff so having to pull finger out and buy/borrow stuff whereas with DS2 it was a very unceremonial 'remove from loft'.

Gooders79 Sun 14-Apr-13 21:18:41

39 weeks today and still very 'meh' about it all.... Ds1 was so different, ready with bags packed and on forms etc daily checking growth etc. it's all a very different experience...

DIYandEatCake Sun 14-Apr-13 21:43:34

Not at all here - but dc2 feels like a miracle, had a miscarriage a few months ago and just so grateful to be pg again. It's early days, but if all goes well and this one sticks I think I'll worry far more than with dc1 until they are actually here.

bigkidsdidit Sun 14-Apr-13 21:45:53

I'm 33 weeks and have done naff all. I need to put DS in a big bed and get his cot bed moved to our room, wash his old clothes, buy loads of shiz. I haben't even decided where to give birth blush

FoofFighter Mon 15-Apr-13 13:30:06

it's been such a huge gap (18yrs!!) that this is like a dc1 all over again smile I read all the calendar things, signs and symptoms, even though they won't have changed at all ;)

80QuidYoniJob Mon 15-Apr-13 16:37:20

I'm glad to see there are others not as organised as me! Makes me feel better. grin DD was only 15 months when I found out I was pregnant.

Bigkids, I haven't decided where to give birth either! Keep swapping between a home birth and hospital.

weeblueberry Mon 15-Apr-13 16:49:00

I remember my boss saying this to me. She said 'when you ask someone when they're due you can always tell which of their children it is. First time they'll always say the weeks and days right down to the letter. With the second they'll give you the date and maybe a rough estimate of months. With the third and any subsequent children they'll say....hmm maybe summer sometime?' wink

rosiedays Mon 15-Apr-13 17:06:26

I'm like foof feels like 1st again (actally 3rd with 23 year age gap!! confused ) I've read and reread everything to do with pregnancy and childbirth!!
I've not gone mad buying though. been given lots. DH counts days (it's his first) i'm all for counting seasons!!

FoofFighter Mon 15-Apr-13 17:17:54

rosiedays, dc3 for me dc1 for him too smile it's fantastic to be doing it all over again isn't it :D and i'm a granny too!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now