Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

visual disturbances in early pregnancy

(3 Posts)
Daisybell1 Sun 14-Apr-13 14:02:30

I'm only 8 weeks (god willing) and I'm having visual disturbances in my peripheral vision. It's like a heat haze around the bottom and sides of my eyes. No headache though.

Is it just a migraine, or something more sinister. I think I remember that it can be a sign of preeclampsia later on but I'm so early. I am very stressed though as OH has been lambing for a month and I've got a major professional exam on Thursday so there could be some triggers for blood pressure issues. Alternately it could just be tiredness as dd has tonsilitis so there are many broken nights at the moment.

Has anyone had anything similar?

badguider Sun 14-Apr-13 14:04:33

I'm having terrible visual migraines that started about 8wks.
Have you had your BP checked? When is your booking appointment. Mine was at 8 wks which put my mind at rest (as BP was low).

Coffeebean42 Sun 14-Apr-13 19:29:14

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing the exact same thing since I was about 6 weeks. I had my blood pressure checked, which was fine and only seem to get it after I have been out in fairly bright light. Pre-pregnancy I suffered from occasional migraines triggered by hormones and bright light so am putting it down to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now