Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tiniest white bumps on floor of mouth, now very sore and red! Anyone else had this?

(5 Posts)
TheNewShmoo Sun 14-Apr-13 13:54:07

So on Friday I could feel with my tongue that one half of the floor of my mouth was very rough. DH looked with his magnifying glasses (DH is studying dentistry) and saw there were the tiniest of white bumps, which then spread to the other half the next day. He tried to swipe it with a cotton swab- apparently if it comes off it's some sort of candida- but it stayed. This morning the bumps have gone but now it's quite sore and red- hurts to stretch my tongue and feels a bit numb, I guess as its a bit swollen. Any one have any idea what is going on? confused I'm only 5 weeks now and wondering if it's to with the pregnancy?

roofio87 Sun 14-Apr-13 14:03:55

I'm not sure exactly about the bumps etc but I had mouth.cancer a few years ago (don't worry I'm not going to suggest its that!!!) my point is my consultant said that hormones can have a big effect on your.mouth in early pregnancy making sore and more prone to ulcers etc. he said that not even I should worry if it becomes sore as its very normal so I wouldn't worry. the skin in your mouth regenerates every 2-3 weeks so as long as it goes in that time I wouldn't worry,even if it lasts a little longer I'd bet its just pg hormones!! hope that helps!!

Forgetfulmog Sun 14-Apr-13 14:07:26

I know that those symptoms in babies mean Thrush so could be that???

TheNewShmoo Sun 14-Apr-13 14:23:48

roofio- I guess also being immuno-compromised in pregnancy doesn't help. Probably explains the foul taste that many women get - mine was unbearable with DC1. Thanks- that's reassuring.

Forgetfulmog- apparently with candida/thrush you should be able to wipe it with a swab?

TheNewShmoo Sun 14-Apr-13 14:30:24

Should add that the spots weren't noticeably white - only when DH looked under the magnifying glass he could make out very tiny white spots- but to the eye just looked red and raised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now