Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unknown

(3 Posts)
Laurenjayne18 Sun 14-Apr-13 12:49:25

Ok so im 36+4 and ive really had a bad time ive bled terrible since i was 13 weeks and obviously every time i panic but no explanationto why it happens , i was taken into hospital and out on a drip for dehydration and then latley ive been suffering with really bad pain to the point i cant walk at all as much as i try! And all this time im still bleeding , so yday after a bleed i was back in the emergancy room im 2 cm dialated and 2/5 engaged so the doc gave me a sweep she said they dong like inducing peole this early butshe did think something needed to be done ,now i log my plug this morning but i have no pain well no contraction pain should i say just my usuall pains any one got any advice? How should i be feeling?? Do they work
Thankd

LadyMedea Sun 14-Apr-13 14:16:44

I think you need to talk to your midwife and get her to explain your situation and your options. Don't let yourself get swept along. They need to talk to you, it's part of informed consent. Do you have someone to take with you to appointments - two heads appreciated better than one.

Membrane sweeps work about 1 times in 9, but losing plug is a good sign. Hopefully your labour will start on its own soon.

Laurenjayne18 Sun 14-Apr-13 19:16:36

Thank you fir the reply i do ask but i get it could be anything theres no signs of trauma and the babys fine but id still like to know i teally hope my labour starts soon :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now