Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

i just heard my baby using my iphone! i'm so excited!

(16 Posts)
amandasegal Sun 14-Apr-13 11:40:15

hey moms and moms to be, i have to share - 1 Read about this app today, call baby scope in some magazine and i downloaded it and tried it out right away.
You basically use your iPhone as a doppler and listen with headphones to your baby's heartbeat. at first i was skeptical and sure enough, i couldn't hear a things, but after following the instructions, i listen to my own heartbeat and after a few tries i found the baby's heartbeat.

i can't start to describe how exited i was! i called my DH right away and cried over the phone (did anyone say HORMONES?!), now i can't wait until he comes back from work so he can hear it too.
anyone else tried it?

PregnantPain Sun 14-Apr-13 11:41:53

im so sorry, you've been had. It is impossible for any phone app to pick up a heartbeat.

You have either been had or you're an I phone app designer hmm

IYoniWantToBeWithYou Sun 14-Apr-13 11:47:39

Sorry but its a load of rubbish, and dangerous too, it could give false reassurances and prevent you from seeking help if you need it, as happened to another woman recently, I would uninstall the app and forget about it if I were you.

givemeaboost Sun 14-Apr-13 11:52:52

^that and it can make women rush to the hospital thinking they cant find a heartbeat when everything is in fact ok, thus wasting hcp time and giving yourself uneccessay anxiety. I wish people would stay well clear of home-hb listening devices, unless youve had midwfiery training you do not know what your listening for and will most likely get it wrong.

hellsbells76 Sun 14-Apr-13 12:02:04

God, not this spammy crap again. Reported.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 14-Apr-13 13:04:20

Hello

Thanks for all the reports about this thread. We've had a look and don't have any reason to think the OP's a spammer, but many thanks for drawing it to our attention.

CajaDeLaMemoria Sun 14-Apr-13 13:13:13

Yep, this is a complete scam. You are listening to recorded noises, which are made to sound realistic, and nothing else.

Use it for entertainment, but don't use it medically. The presence of, or lack of, a heartbeat means nothing.

For what it's worth, it even finds a heartbeat on me 60 percent of the time, and I am not pregnant. It's not my heartbeat, either, it's badly out of time with the obs machine I'm on.

hellsbells76 Sun 14-Apr-13 14:32:47

Apologies if it's a genuine if naive OP. Was just a bit too similar to other threads we've had plugging that app which obviously were from the developer. As an almost qualified midwife, these things and home dopplers really worry me - they cause both false reassurance and needless worry.

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Sun 14-Apr-13 14:35:13

Yup, scam. Sorry OP.

OnTheNingNangNong Sun 14-Apr-13 14:36:57

They're a load of nonsense. They're not sensitive enough to find the heartbeat.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 14-Apr-13 16:31:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TinkyPeet Sun 14-Apr-13 16:33:53

Seen this thread a couple of times, it's an attempt to get people to buy the different apps that's all xx

IYoniWantToBeWithYou Sun 14-Apr-13 16:38:26

I think the op is genuine, I've seen her on a couple of threads before now.

chickensaladagain Sun 14-Apr-13 16:46:09

I just heard my baby on an iPhone app

Very odd considering my baby is 9 years old and currently playing outside in the trampoline

crikeybadger Sun 14-Apr-13 17:14:50

Blimey- I've heard about this app and whilst I don't agree with heartbeat monitoring at home, I was totally taken in. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now