Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cold water: does it hinder labour?

(5 Posts)
boldandbeautiful Sun 14-Apr-13 11:34:03

PLease can someone tell me the effect of cold/chilled water to the unborn baby. If there is one continuous thing i have had since this pregnancy, it is increased body temp. It was worse in the first trimester, calmed down a bit in the second and it has now come back with a vengeance.
I quaff cold water and iced drinks like a racehorse. I wake up in the middle of the night feeling parched and my bump feeling so so hot and run to the fridge.
I am 40 + 4 today and have been having bh for a while which seem to stop whenever i Take the cold drink.
Mentioned it to my husband and he jokingly said the baby is too chilled out to move because of the drinks. He was not serious but it got me thinking whether he could be right.
Thoughts anyone?
Sorry for the epic memememe post.blush

Saundy Sun 14-Apr-13 11:56:58

My midwife told me that if you're worried about movement you should have a cold drink & lie still as it really wakes the baby up & gets it moving!

It's too early for me to feel movement so I can't really be helpful but it sounds like that age old answer of every baby being different!

Congrats & good luck on the home run smile

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Sun 14-Apr-13 12:10:58

No amount of cold drinks will stop labour happening!! Don't worry.

Sometimes in early labour a warm bath can slow things down but once you've started, nothing will stop it.

Lots of women go overdue, nothing you did, nothing you can do. Just try to readjust when you think you're due to your induction date, easier said than done I know. (Went to 40+13 with dc1 and waiting here now at 40+2).

boldandbeautiful Sun 14-Apr-13 14:49:54

Thanks saundy different folks eh? HP 40 + 13?? <faints> i have an exam on Saturday!! <wails>

Shylepite Sun 14-Apr-13 19:41:06

My mw told me dehydration can cause bhs so it could be that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now