Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Does this sound like "morning sickness" or something I should worry about?

(5 Posts)
AllSWornOut Sat 13-Apr-13 22:13:44

I'm currently 23 weeks pg with DC2. With DC1 I didn't have any morning sickness at all. This time round I had a few occasions of feeling queasy when doing the shopping around 6-8 weeks but nothing particularly serious.

However this week I ate something that disagreed with me and was sick the next morning having woken feeling ill during the night. I had a couple of days of eating not much or very little but a few days on I'm finding that after lunch (my main meal) I just don't feel like eating at all. The idea of dinner makes me feel ill and if I have a snack in the afternoon or evening I get the most dreadful case of burping and feeling queasy.

I'm not sure if the dodgy meal has kick-started some sort of "morning sickness", whether it's just the after effects of having had a few grotty days and being particularly tired at the moment, or whether I should take it a bit more seriously and give my mw a ring on Monday?

Concurrently DS2 does seem to have had a growth spurt this week so I'm also wondering if this is just due to everything being a bit more compressed.

Anyone had similar, or should I just call to be on the safe side?

noblegiraffe Sat 13-Apr-13 22:29:48

My DH was sick in the night last weekend and has felt grotty and not up to eating much all week, so it might just be your stomach recovering.

AllSWornOut Sat 13-Apr-13 22:44:34

My condolences to him sad

Since I can't do anything until Monday anyway I suppose I will have to assume the same. Let's hope we're both feeling bit brighter by then smile

TinkyPeet Sun 14-Apr-13 08:50:28

I went through a second 'sicky stage' around 21-22 weeks, I put it down to something I ate but absolutely everything made me either feel or be sick, inudong brushing my teeth which was not fun for me on a morning!
Anyway, my point, it didn't last longer than a week and I hope you recover quickly xx

AllSWornOut Sun 14-Apr-13 10:15:14

Tinky, sounds very similar. This morning breakfast has set me off. I haven't dared brush my teeth yet,I have a very delicate gag reflex as it is TMI, sorry <sigh>

Thanks both of you, looks like I'll stick it out for the moment and if I'm not improving by the end of next week I'll give my mw a call.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: