Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does this sound like "morning sickness" or something I should worry about?

(5 Posts)
AllSWornOut Sat 13-Apr-13 22:13:44

I'm currently 23 weeks pg with DC2. With DC1 I didn't have any morning sickness at all. This time round I had a few occasions of feeling queasy when doing the shopping around 6-8 weeks but nothing particularly serious.

However this week I ate something that disagreed with me and was sick the next morning having woken feeling ill during the night. I had a couple of days of eating not much or very little but a few days on I'm finding that after lunch (my main meal) I just don't feel like eating at all. The idea of dinner makes me feel ill and if I have a snack in the afternoon or evening I get the most dreadful case of burping and feeling queasy.

I'm not sure if the dodgy meal has kick-started some sort of "morning sickness", whether it's just the after effects of having had a few grotty days and being particularly tired at the moment, or whether I should take it a bit more seriously and give my mw a ring on Monday?

Concurrently DS2 does seem to have had a growth spurt this week so I'm also wondering if this is just due to everything being a bit more compressed.

Anyone had similar, or should I just call to be on the safe side?

noblegiraffe Sat 13-Apr-13 22:29:48

My DH was sick in the night last weekend and has felt grotty and not up to eating much all week, so it might just be your stomach recovering.

AllSWornOut Sat 13-Apr-13 22:44:34

My condolences to him sad

Since I can't do anything until Monday anyway I suppose I will have to assume the same. Let's hope we're both feeling bit brighter by then smile

TinkyPeet Sun 14-Apr-13 08:50:28

I went through a second 'sicky stage' around 21-22 weeks, I put it down to something I ate but absolutely everything made me either feel or be sick, inudong brushing my teeth which was not fun for me on a morning!
Anyway, my point, it didn't last longer than a week and I hope you recover quickly xx

AllSWornOut Sun 14-Apr-13 10:15:14

Tinky, sounds very similar. This morning breakfast has set me off. I haven't dared brush my teeth yet,I have a very delicate gag reflex as it is TMI, sorry <sigh>

Thanks both of you, looks like I'll stick it out for the moment and if I'm not improving by the end of next week I'll give my mw a call.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now