Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sign of labour??

(8 Posts)
Caz2102 Sat 13-Apr-13 15:52:47

Hi, I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and was diagnosed with polyhydramnios (excess fluid) at 32 weeks but went for my growth scan Monday n fluid has come down but still a little on high side, over last few days baby wasn't moving a much but went to hospital n evrything fine but since yesterday Iv started feeling sick n aving sicky burps ( sorry tmi) and then last nite had a dull ache at bottom of back theat kept coming n easing off, this morning Iv cleaned and been for a walk but then sat down n the pain came back but also keep getting a sharp cramp in stomach but only lasts a couple of seconds,Iv just been in bath n it's eased it a little but still ther, sorry for the long post but any advice would be great! smile p.s sorry again for tmi but Iv been to toilet 4 times today but wasn't diarrhea, thanks in advance xxx

EugenesAxe Sat 13-Apr-13 15:59:30

Personally I'd say yes, those could be early signs. I vomited throughout latent and first stage of labour. I also had lower back pain. You might want to call your midwife about 'sharp' cramps - I found them more like very painful waves of aching.

People also say you 'clear out' in preparation for birth. I don't have a concept of TMI but thanks anyway smile

Good luck if it is!

Caz2102 Sat 13-Apr-13 16:19:26

Thank you, we'll since I wrote this Iv noticed ther seems to be abit of a pattern to them n when I do get the pain the pain in my back seems to be more painful but still bare able! I'm just not sure coz this is all new to me but the pain in stomach can just be a quick shooting pain xxx

glossyflower Sat 13-Apr-13 17:15:08

I've been very much the same for about 3 weeks now.

glossyflower Sat 13-Apr-13 17:15:28

..and I'm almost 39 weeks xxx

Caz2102 Sat 13-Apr-13 17:18:40

Oh no! Ther just so unpredictable aren't they! Well over last half hour Iv had no pain at all!? So she's not ready just yet :/ xxx

glossyflower Sat 13-Apr-13 17:27:20

Well even if baby is not ready right now, it's making a start and we are nearing the end grin xxx

Caz2102 Sat 13-Apr-13 17:28:34

Yes definately! I just see it as a few more weeks n they will definately be here smile xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now