Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do I keep the baby?

(9 Posts)
ambermay92 Sat 13-Apr-13 14:57:53

Hiya girls,

I'm new here and I'm looking for some advice. I've been with my partner 5 months and I've just found out I'm pregnant. We are very much in love but he thinks its too soon. We have spoke about the future and do want children and want to marry but he wants to do it all properly. He said that if it was 2 years down the line he would be jumping for joy. I'm 21 and he is 29 and we both have one child each from previous relationships. Last August I fell pregnant with my ex husbands child (yes I stupidly got married at 18) and because I wasn't happy in the relationship and had just had a c-section a few months before I decided to terminate the pregnancy. It was a hard discision to make. I was on the pill and it was a genuine accident.
I have endometriosis and pcos so it is harder for me to fall pregnant and I am scared that if I abort this pregnancy I may lose my chance. My partner believes ill be ok. But it's not garenteed. I'm also meant to be having an op on my stomach within 6 weeks and I'm not sure if it can be held off. What would you do? My partner did say he would stand by me no matter what but I don't want him to resent me. Thanks in advance smile

Coconutty Sat 13-Apr-13 14:59:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Notsoblonde Sat 13-Apr-13 15:01:13

Only you and your dp can decide this, no one can predict what will happen in the future.

snickersnacker Sat 13-Apr-13 15:10:34

To echo the other comments - no-one can tell you what to do here. Yu say that you don't want your partner to resent you; how much would you resent him if you decided not to continue with this pregnancy and were then unable to conceive later on?

Beatrixpotty Sat 13-Apr-13 15:15:43

It's difficult,but although you are only 21 you've already got quite a lot of life experience to help you decide.You know the responsibilities involved in being a parent and a single one .You know the emotions you go through in having a termination.Sounds like your partner is very supportive of whatever you decide to do.What is the surgery due for exactly?Although you've got endometriosis and PCOS it sounds like you have be lucky to get pregnant easily 3 times already and you are so young you still have plenty of time in the future even if it takes longer to conceive so that might mean you do have the chance to try again when the timing is "right.".5 months with someone is not very long though,so would you be able to manage with 2 children on your own again if you have the baby & the relationship doesn't work out?It sounds like he is saying all the right things but only you know how you might feel if you terminate and then find yourself on your own again a few months later..That may help you think about what decision to make but it's not easy,good luck.

SorryMyLollipop Sun 14-Apr-13 00:20:13

I have pcos and endometriosis and I am 7 weeks pregnant at the age of 40.

It sounds like your conditions are not affecting your fertility too much.

ThreeWheelsGood Sun 14-Apr-13 05:16:05

Personally in your shoes, I would terminate, but I am a stranger! How does it make you feel me saying that? Does it make you reassured/defiant? That might give you the answer. If you do go to a family planning clinic for a termination, they offer counselling, use it.

BabyHMummy Sun 14-Apr-13 10:37:53

I was in same position when i fell pg so i understand where u r coming from. I had been with dp for 5 months and left my ex hub not long before that. I also have pcos and this is the first time i have ever conceived (i am 32) so my dp felt that although the timing sucked it might be my only chance. It was me who was raising termination as an option.

In the end i couldn't go thru with it but that isn't to say that keeping it would be right choice for you. We are now 22 weeks and dp is loving the idea of being a dad again. I am still struggling with the idea of it all but i don't regret keeping her.

Please think very hard before you make a decision either way. And ask ur dp to do same...is he just concerned about the timing or is there something more? Timing could always be better imo but sometimes things are just meant to be

ambermay92 Thu 18-Apr-13 15:25:38

Decided To keep the baby smile my partners very happy, same as me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now