Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy vitamins WITHOUT iron?

(7 Posts)
mybelovedmonster Fri 12-Apr-13 18:47:39

Are they available? I have no appetite at all and finding it hard to eat a decent diet at the moment (8w pg) so want to take a multivit, but the iron is playing havoc with my insides.

Any recomendations?

MrsHoarder Fri 12-Apr-13 18:50:33

The standard healthy start ones your gp can give you? Or just folic acid on its own is in most chemists.

mybelovedmonster Fri 12-Apr-13 18:52:17

I've got the folic acid, so that's covered. Its more the rest of them - b vits, vit d etc.

Didn't know the GP could prescribe them so that's helpful thankyou.

CallTheDoula Fri 12-Apr-13 19:01:21

Hello, Floradix is good (liquid vitamin formular) & often works well for women who cannot tolerate iron in other preparations, it contains iron gluconate which is easier on the stomach and hopefully will be non-constipating. It contains less iron than other suplements but is better absorbed. Also, I believe they do a version without iron in at all. Available from Holland & Barrett & other health-food shops. Hope that helps.

mybelovedmonster Fri 12-Apr-13 23:07:59

Thanks, yes. I've been trying to remember the name of that. Does that have other vitamins as well then? I'll look it up.

Ooh I've just remembered we have a good health food store in town that have been good with this sort of thing in the past - I'll give them a try too.

CallTheDoula Fri 12-Apr-13 23:40:21

I think it has vits b,c,d but yes, look it up and you should be able to see quite easily

mybelovedmonster Sat 13-Apr-13 09:52:46

Thank you.

I wish sanatogen still did the iron free option - its so bloody annoying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now