Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clothes tight already and only 6 weeks

(7 Posts)
2Labradors Fri 12-Apr-13 17:50:13

I'm 7 weeks on Monday, this is my 3rd baby and I'm shocked how quickly my jeans have become tight.

My youngest child is 7 and I remember having to wear maternity clothes at 12 weeks, there was a mention of twins at the time but there was just the one. But it's hard to remember how soon I noticed the tum.

I've been off work for 2 weeks for the Easter hols and am scared my trusty work trousers won't fit on Monday, I didn't want to tell anyone until after our scan.

Do you think I'm just a bit of a fatty? Lol! I was doing weight watchers pre-pregnancy and cancelled as soon as I found out so I am quite scared of putting on weight. I do also suffer with IBS but this tum is all the time!

Has anyone else had a bit of a tum this early on? I wonder if its because its number 3 and everything is already pretty loose.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 12-Apr-13 17:58:24

I think at that stage it's just water retention and bloating, everything is still too tiny to show any difference.

Maybe try drinking lots of water?

RedPencils Fri 12-Apr-13 18:01:56

I was busting out of my work clothes at 10 weeks.
Yes it was twins.

WhereDoesPerryKeepHisHat Fri 12-Apr-13 18:47:47

I looked 3 months pregnant within days of falling pregnant with number 3. Think my body realised it was hopeless to try and look normal grin

Kelly1814 Fri 12-Apr-13 18:56:49

Am 14 weeks, have a completely flat tum until mid afternoon, at which point I look like I have eaten a beach ball. Am convinced it is ibs and bloating and water retention. Was even in a bikini today and looked no different, this evening I am a bloated heffer. Sigh.

Foxeym Fri 12-Apr-13 19:03:11

I'm pregnant with DC3 after a 12 year gap and have been busting out of my clothes since 9 weeks. I'm now 13 weeks and in maternity trousers and look about 7 months pregnant!!

2Labradors Fri 12-Apr-13 22:34:04

Thanks for your replies, it's so nice to hear that others have felt the same. I do think it has a lot to do with bloating and I've been trying to drink lots. Just been to asda and bought lots of fruit & veg to hopefully help. I also bought some loose tops to cover my tum!

Think I'm gonna have the 'looking a bit chubby' look going on for a while until I have a proper bump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now