Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel so ill

(8 Posts)
LandsN Thu 11-Apr-13 00:18:36

I am 11 weeks and think I have a throat infection but tonight I have got temp and shivers and sore throat banging head I have had all day and I feel soo sick not morning sickness it feels different any ideas of best thing to do am panicking as I have had 3 mc's and worried me feeling this ill will harm baby had scans already due to bleeding and still bleeding now don't think I have ever felt this ill sad

spaghettibolognese Thu 11-Apr-13 01:24:21

I'm hoping that someone with more experience than me answers you, but I noticed we are both up late and didn't want you fretting through the night. Stay as hydrated as you can, and get yourself to a GP, drop-in centre or clinic ASAP.

spaghettibolognese Thu 11-Apr-13 01:26:05

Also, have you tried paracetamol? That might help and is ok during pregnancy.

LandsN Thu 11-Apr-13 02:13:49

Hi thank you for your reply I am going to go to gp tomorrow and I was not sure if I could take paracetamol as I am on a daily dose of asprin did not want to chance it x

MrsWajs Thu 11-Apr-13 02:50:40

You can still take Paracetamol with Aspirin (I'm a nurse smile), you'd be better to take it and lower your temp than not. And also keep up the fluids as SpagBol says smile

NuzzleandScratch Thu 11-Apr-13 04:20:22

I didn't have the other symptoms you describe, but when I was pg with dd2, I suddenly started feeling very sick one day (and actually vomited too), and bizarrely, it turned out to be a urinary infection. I didn't have the usual symptoms of that, but apparently it's quite a common way of it showing itself in pg, so your dr may check for that. Hope you feel better soon.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 11-Apr-13 08:56:14

Yes you can definitely take paracetamol. I would suggest you take some time off work (if you haven't already) and see you GP, just to put your mind at ease.

LandsN Thu 11-Apr-13 09:14:26

I am going to see my gp today already signed off work by consultant feel a little better today but will get checked out shame they can't listen to baby's heart beat to know everything ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now