Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it possible to see nct bednest or babybay co-sleeper cots?

(11 Posts)
fanjobiscuits Wed 10-Apr-13 22:21:27

We are trying to decide between the two but have a divan bed and can't work out from the online info whether they will attach securely to this style of bed. We would also like to see before we buy, ideally.

Does anyone know if these are stocked in any bricks and mortar shops or if you can see nct stock anywhere eg local sales?

Any pointers much appreciated.

Beccadugs Wed 10-Apr-13 22:53:44

You can see them in some John Lewis shops! But ring your nearest one first to check!

CityDweller Thu 11-Apr-13 09:56:56

John Lewis Oxford St def has the bed nest one...

cogitosum Thu 11-Apr-13 10:05:34

thanks I was looking for a bedside crib that will travel as we're going away for a month when the baby will be about 2 months. I had previously looked at the troll one but this doesn't travel which seemed a bit of a waste.

Does anyone have the NCT bednest one and know if the mattress that comes with it is good or would i have to buy one anyway? The quality doesn't look as good as some I've seen but it's more expensive so want to make sure it's worthwhile

Sorry for hijak OP I was going to start a thread about bedside cribs today. I'm going to John Lewis in Oxford street tonight so if you're near london i can come back tomorrow and confirm if they have it in stock!

Havingkittens Thu 11-Apr-13 11:30:07

We've hired the Bednest. NCT do a deal where you can hire them for 6 months, which is about as long as you can use them anyway until the baby grows out of it. They include a new mattress and new sides in the rental package. The mattress looks ok, but I've not had a chance to try it as I'm 40+1 and we are waiting for the baby to make an appearance!

The height is adjustable, although you do have to attach it to the bed with an adjustable strap so you'll need some sort of anchor point. Best thing is probably to call NCT and ask them if it will fit on your bed.

LadyMedea Thu 11-Apr-13 12:01:31

I was thinking about the saplings Katie crib - www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3785793.htm

Its not a true co sleeper but I can't imagine it sitting very snuggly next to my bed and working in a similar way. Also folds up so would be very portable.

R

ILiveInAPineappleCoveredInSnow Thu 11-Apr-13 15:26:13

My sil has the nct bednest, and when their baby has finished with it, we will use it for ours - due in November!
It's great and will fit any bed type - they have a divan and we have a wooden bedstead.

Goodkingwalkingslass Sun 14-Apr-13 19:32:20

We have a Bednest and its fab. Mattress is fine, not overly thick and fairly firm but only designed to be used for 6 months. Our Ds slept really well in it. Great for travel as packs up neatly in its own bag. It isn't light though! Definitely fits all bed types, comes with two different length straps for divans and frame type beds. Would highly recommend it!

TheNewShmoo Sun 14-Apr-13 19:36:15

We used this with the side down- was excellent for co-sleeping and night feeding. Meant we all slept well for the first year!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90115997/

You can just drill 4 extra holes to make it level with your mattress

RugBugs Sun 14-Apr-13 20:09:54

The best thing imo about the babynest that stood out from others we looked at was the side laying down to make a 'bridge' between it and your bed so there is never any chance of a gap.

If you have time I suggest seeing one demonstrated at a baby show.
The NCT will sell off the ones used for demos during that show, we got ours for £200 which is a huge saving (possibly the only reason i was able to convince DP).

I second what Goodkingwalkingslass says about the weight though, it isn't easy to carry about in it's bag and the way it folds makes it an awkward shape for packing/storing.

fanjobiscuits Mon 06-May-13 16:39:05

Thanks all this really helped. John Lewis oxfd street were stocking the NCT one so you can have a good look at it close up if anyone else is interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now