Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown discharge at 11 weeks - thrush?

(8 Posts)
RichesOfThePoor Wed 10-Apr-13 21:38:30

11 weeks today and I've had thrush for the past few days with soreness and external bleeding on wiping yesterday, but today there has been pale brown discharge coming from inside (no fresh red blood).

I'll go to the early pregnancy unit tomorrow, but does anyone have experience of thrush causing internal bleeding, or should I be preparing for the worst?

LandsN Thu 11-Apr-13 00:23:40

I don't know about thrush but I have had brown bleeding since about 5 weeks I am now 11 and still bleeding but baby is ok so don't assume the worst it might not be good luck x

CuteLittleToes Thu 11-Apr-13 08:40:17

I've never heard of thrush to be brown tbh. Are you sure it's thrush?

RichesOfThePoor Thu 11-Apr-13 09:03:33

Thanks for the replies.

I read that thrush can cause the tissues of the vagina to bleed, in the same way that it can externally, the blood making the usual thrush discharge appear brown.

The blood was redder this morning though, so I don't think it is thrush-related. I'm at the EPU now.

RichesOfThePoor Thu 11-Apr-13 10:04:24

Update for purposes of anybody Googling/searching the same symptoms in future.

Had scan at EPU - CRL and heartbeat fine, bleeding unexplained but according to the doctor it is not uncommon at this stage of pg.

MildredH Thu 11-Apr-13 10:08:18

Glad all is ok OP

LandsN Thu 11-Apr-13 10:27:45

They said that to me but I had a area of bleeding outside the sac which has come away I have had this bleed for nearly 2 weeks now but baby is fine got 12 week scan next Thursday so pleased everything is ok x

RichesOfThePoor Thu 11-Apr-13 10:34:07

Thanks, both of you.

I'm back home now and planning to take it very easy for the rest of the day.

Hope all continues to be well, LandsN, and that scan is good next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now