Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Twins, buggy advice

(6 Posts)
Demelzabeaty Wed 10-Apr-13 13:56:19

Hi , does anyone know if there is a compact yet easy to push twin pram / pushchair suitable from newborn to when they start walking? I already have 3 children so will have to get a 7 seat car with enough boot space to fit a double pushchair , don't want a minibus!

festive Wed 10-Apr-13 16:46:51

Hi, I'm not having twins but will have a 23m old and a newborn and after lots of research I've bought a Baby Jogger Citi Mini Double.
It's suitable to use just as it is from birth as it lies flat but they do also sell carrycots that can be attached as well if you prefer, or you can buy a different brand soft carrycot / snug / footmuff type thing (the citi jogger ones are quite pricey) if you are worried about tiny twins being lost in it! I've bought a jj cole pushchair insert snug thing and also a graco soft carrycot that attaches to the d rings in the seat to use when newborn is really little.
It folds easily, is a one piece and folds pretty compactly.
It's not the narrowest twin on the market in terms of doorways etc, that's the mountain buggy I think although it is quite a bit lighter than the mountain buggy which is what swung it for me. Plus I've heard that the fold on the mountain buggy is quite bulky and requires a big boot (my friend had to get a new car after getting hers!)

BellaVida Wed 10-Apr-13 16:53:23

I had a McLaren Twin Techno. It's suitable from birth and reclines fully. 5point harness and mine even had head huggers for when they were small and v cosy foot muffs. It is an umbrella fold, so is fairly compact. We travelled loads with ours and it lasted until they were 3.

silverangel Wed 10-Apr-13 16:57:48

Totally agree with festive.

Mine are 20mo now and for the first year I had the Donkey. It is big, cumbersome, a pain to fold (you have to take the seats off) and took up acres of space in the boot. We now have the Baby Jogger City Mini and I love it. Its not quite as easy to push but I love it for the folding mechanism alone.

The only downside is that you can't put car seats on it but if you can live with that...(and even with the donkey once you have the car seat adaptors on you cant fit through a standard door anymore!)

CollectorofCookbooks Wed 10-Apr-13 16:58:40

I've just this weekend picked up my Mountain Buggy Duo (the narrow one) and I'm a little bit in love with it.

What swung it over the others - out n about or city jogger - is that it was the only one which would fit through the back door - and on our local pavements (we live rurally and they're narrow).

The colour range is bad though - black and grey or black and red - and you don't want to be standing in front of it when you collapse it!

BellaVida Wed 10-Apr-13 17:10:12

Forgot to say I also had the Jane Twin Two Matrix from birth. It is a front and back design and you can attach two of their special car seats which recline into carry cots. Was perfect for my tiny prem twins but not the most compact. This was great when they were smaller for every day use, but the Maclaren was more practical for travelling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now