Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Having a hard time so much happening I don't know where my head is.

(5 Posts)
dexterpat Wed 10-Apr-13 13:27:40

(Sorry this is REALLY long)
This year has been really hard so far first the little things I'm not enjoying my job, my boss is a cow, we have no money DH stays at home with ds1&2.

I am a keen horse rider and I had to have my horse put down due to colic very suddenly in January. Big bills to be paid for her treatment

Last month my dad was rushed to hospital ( on the Monday 11 march) on Thursday he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

I found out I was pg the day after which was a massive shock then we also found out my dad had 6 weeks to live on the same day.

On the 27 march I was diagnosed with whooping cough and banned to How you doing you've been a while the house for 5 days.

My dad died on Monday I'm heartbroken - I'm struggling to bond with my baby I have come out on Facebook as I am 16 weeks

I lost my mum 2 years ago and I'm terrified ill lose touch with my step mum who is just devastated.

How do I put my 'game face on' I'm a teacher at a rough secondary school I'm really not looking forward to going back! Anyone else been in a similar position??

LandsN Wed 10-Apr-13 13:44:03

Hi I am so sorry to hear what u been through I am also a horse rider so understand how awful colic is sad and what you have been through is a lot for anyone let alone when your pregnant I don't really have any advice other than don't be harsh on yourself it's still very early days and maybe have a chat with your midwife x

DolomitesDonkey Wed 10-Apr-13 13:52:35

I'm so sorry all this is happening. confused

I lost my mare last summer and it took a while to both grieve and to pay the vet...

Here I am and I've now got a bit of cash again and am tentatively seeking a replacement. It's been hard because getting out for a hack was always "my thing" and without it I've just been living like "normal" people. wink

Take care. X

LabradorMama Wed 10-Apr-13 14:30:44

I'm sorry I've no advice for you but just wanted to send you a big hug. I lost my horse to colic too and lost my mum to cancer not long afterwards - it was incredibly hard but must be 1000 times worse with pregnancy hormones and illness to boot. You poor thing. I would suggest you speak to your GP if you're finding it hard to cope. Thinking of you xx

dexterpat Wed 10-Apr-13 14:42:02

Awwww thank you I feel so silly saying and my horse died too. Thank you for all of your kind words - I try to pretend that I'm strong for my DH and my boys x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now