Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brixton hicks at 16 weeks ???? To early ??? Also I still haven't heard my baby's heart beat :( ???

(6 Posts)
Becky2406 Wed 10-Apr-13 10:22:35

I'm 16 weeks with my 4th dc and lat night in bed my tummy got really hard and a large "ball" seemed to appear it was like my uterus was being pushed forward my dh felt it and was excited he was trying to hear the baby's heart beat smile ( cute ) he said he felt the baby move ? But I think he felt my uterus contracting as surly the baby isn't strong or big enough. ?
The reason I'm posting is I have never experienced a Brixton hicks and wondered what others had experienced and if it was similar !????? Thank you smile oh one more question sorry I'm 16 weeks and still haven't heard my baby's heart beat sad is this normal ??? Thank you

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Wed 10-Apr-13 10:39:55

I've had BH from 16 weeks (dc2). Strong, hard tightenings, but not painful. Does sound like BH to me. I'm 39+5 now so they avent advanced to labour yet!!
Lots of mw won't even try to listen fr a HB at 16 weeks as its so common to not find one so early.
Good luck for an uneventful pg.

rrreow Wed 10-Apr-13 13:18:32

I've had BH from 16w as well, 2nd pregnancy. They say that with subsequent pregnancies you feel a lot more, both because you are more aware of what pregnancy stuff feels like and also because of the way having previous pregnancies has affected your body/muscles etc.

It's not uncommon to not have heard the HB at 16 weeks. When I went for my 16w appointment my mw offered to listen with the Doppler but also warned that she may not be able to pick it up yet and that wouldn't be anything to worry about.

Becky2406 Wed 10-Apr-13 16:01:00

Thanks lady's it's helped me feel at ease I have a midwife apt tomorrow so we will see if we get to hear it smile I think by what you both said about bh I def felt one . Not felt another so far do u think I will ??? Is it a case of once u get one you get more or ???? Sorry I know it's my 4th but iv never had this ???

Becky2406 Wed 10-Apr-13 16:01:50

confused

beckie90 Wed 10-Apr-13 16:06:52

Got them from 16wks second dc, now having my 3rd and been getting them from 12/13wks. Defo sounds like braxton hicks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now