Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity clothes for twin pregnancy

(8 Posts)
butterflyexperience Tue 09-Apr-13 20:26:20

I am almost 26 weeks and bursting out of my normal maternity clothes.

Any idea where I can get suitable clothes or what else I could wear?

IceCubes Tue 09-Apr-13 20:40:09

The only bottoms I could wear with my twin pregnancy were Next over-the-bump leggings as they seemed to stretch more than anything else! Top wise, I bought a size larger than I would normally wear from New Look or Dorothy Perkins maternity range. I would avoid Topshop maternity stuff completely, no stretch at all! Towards the end I was wearing my husband's clothes though... grin

butterflyexperience Tue 09-Apr-13 20:46:10

Right size bigger for me is then!
I have some lovely topshop bits from my other pregnancies but can't get into them sad

Have a feeling ill be in men's clothes too by the end!

upanddown83 Wed 10-Apr-13 11:03:37

I got 2 tops from George at Asda maternity range and now at 35 weeks they are still massive I got my normal size too! Yet I have a few new look tops which fit really well and are bigger size than my normal so think it's just all about trying things on (not fun to do in pregnancy!)

Cornwall73 Wed 10-Apr-13 14:50:22

Not at your stage yet (only 19+2 with twins) but I find that some of my maternity tops are tiny given how much my boobs have grown. However, I still have to work and look presentable so I want to wait a bit before I start wearing DH's shirts!

I went to Primark and got good basic long tops a few sizes bigger than I would normally wear and they are incredibly comfortable and cheap.

Blending Wed 10-Apr-13 15:04:41

I'm 30+3 with twins, and I would say not to panic too much as I have slowed down a fair bit in growth the last month or so (Still the size of a semi though grin ) I bought maternity stuff in the next size up, and I'm finding dresses more comfortable than trousers, especially wrap dresses which are a bit more forgiving.

I got some great bargains on ebay, bundles which I can stick back on there when I am finally done with them, so almost like renting them rather than buying.

butterflyexperience Wed 10-Apr-13 16:52:52

Right will check out ASDA and primark

How you getting on blending?
30 weeks seems so far away but I'm sure ill be there soon.
Can't imagine bump slowing down I had a mw today and I'm measuring 8 weeks ahead yikes!

ButteryJam Wed 10-Apr-13 17:05:43

Whereabouts do you live? If you live in Yorkshire it is worth while paying a visit to the Mamas and Papas factory store near Halifax. They have maternity tops down to £5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now